Shack Update 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

wise871

Database Admin
Today I decided to redo my shack setup for the year. I installed the BCT15X and Pro-197 I had in the closet. This now gives me the option to scan additional channels without tying up a radio.

Attachments

• IMG_1277.jpg
    IMG_1277.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 1,915

Jimru

Premium Subscriber
Very nice setup indeed!

Does the 8 port multicoupler take away much in the way of sensitivity of the receivers?

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
How are the radio stands made if you don't mind me asking? Any chance of getting a close up shot so we can check it out?

Mike

wise871

Database Admin
Does the 8 port multicoupler take away much in the way of sensitivity of the receivers?

Jimru, I experience no signal loss. It's designed that way. You can read up on them here.

Receiver Multicouplers, Passive and Active, HF to VHF/UHF

How are the radio stands made if you don't mind me asking?

WatnNY, the stands I use were made by a RR member named ScannerStandMan. He no longer makes them. You can find something similar on Scanner Master.

Looking for the original scanner stand - RadioReference Classifieds

CanesFan95

I've always wondered if those STRIDSBERG units are really worth the high cost. There are TV amps/multicouplers that look very similar and are a fraction of the price. They're 75 ohms though. If only they could make them 50 ohms.

wise871

Database Admin
I've always wondered if those STRIDSBERG units are really worth the high cost. There are TV amps/multicouplers that look very similar and are a fraction of the price. They're 75 ohms though. If only they could make them 50 ohms.

Ask anyone who owns one and they will tell you there worth it. I was one the fence myself until I got one. I have never looked back. Beats the heck out of running 8 antennas.

Jimru

Premium Subscriber

Seems to me the difference between the 75 ohm & 50 ohm would be enough to cause some signal loss, wouldn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.