Shack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh

Every now and again I like to post pix of things I've upgraded on, etc.

This time is no different, I think my last similar post was about a year ago.

Anyhow, these three pix explain it all:

In the base radios images, on the top left is my CDM1250 mobile in the Astron SS25-CDM power supply, atop it is a Zetron Model 30 phone patch, and above that is a cellular phone wired into the phone patch. I use it in this configuration as a remote base monitor, cheaper than tone-remotes, more reliable and less resource intensive than VOIP, and it works great.

On the right, top is my VHF Astro Spectra, general monitor of some railroads, and police, as well as the KC8LTS digital ham repeater in Detroit.

Below that is an 800Mhz Astro Spectra, no mic, no TX.

under the table on the left is my newest addtion, UHF Analog Spectra A5 for use monitoring local business such. Being 450-482 it doesn't do the ham band. The VHF Astro and the UHF spectra are wired into an amateur dual-band antenna on the roof and coupled through a diplexer purchased at this past Hamvention. Works GREAT!

the power supply underneath is the Astro SS-25M (meters), it's fun to know how much amperage is being used!

Finally, the portables, at left my work-issued HT750 403-470. Then my new pride and joy, VHF XTS5000 with 850 channels and FPP!!!1 WOOT It's got DES-XL and DES-OFB too, fun times. UHF XTS3000 Model III, 800Mhz XTS3000 model II, also used at work, a 403-470 Visar, and my own UHF 403-470 HT1250 radio.

In the back is an aging MT500 w/scan radio crystalled up for railroads!

Gone are my analog-only spectra radios and my HT1250s on VHF. Astro makes you get rid of a lot of other crap, but trust me it's worth it.

I've got some stuff in the car too, but it's going to again be under construction in the next couple weeks.

Attachments

• base1.jpg
    base1.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 2,066
  • base2.jpg
    base2.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 2,082
  • ports2.jpg
    ports2.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 2,135

Josh

Yeah, DTE follows that protocol, and stickers like that are stuck to their radios.

DTE energy, is the local electric/natural gas company formed from Detroit Edison and Michigan Consolidated Gas (MichCon)... for those who didn't know.

Yeah, it's pretty funny, the sticker is a keeper.

commscanaus

A formidable Moto shack you have there!
I would absolutley love to own some of the XTS radio's you have there (plus an AS III) but everything here is trunked and everything that isn't is encrypted.
At least my collection of Saber III analogue gear keeps me happy in the meantime.
Still- 850 channels with FPP= drool!!

Nice work!

Commscanaus.

landonjensen

I dont know why people like yellow. I have one thing to say is that it is really nice in a smoke filled enviorment. I know this from explorers as the FD im with has all Yellow Radios.

birdman1104 said:
nice yellow motorola. where did you get it. thanks bob.

K8TEK

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
In a smoke filled environment, the color of the radio isn't going to make a difference. Have you actually ever been in a structure fire, Lanny?

landonjensen

Yes i have been in a controlled fire that was made for smoke/ventilation operations specifically. They are ALOT easier to see when they are bright safety yellow, instead of black.

K8TEK said:
In a smoke filled environment, the color of the radio isn't going to make a difference. Have you actually ever been in a structure fire, Lanny?

N467RX

Panama DB Admin
Database Admin
Josh said:
Yeah, DTE follows that protocol, and stickers like that are stuck to their radios.

DTE energy, is the local electric/natural gas company formed from Detroit Edison and Michigan Consolidated Gas (MichCon)... for those who didn't know.

Yeah, it's pretty funny, the sticker is a keeper.

Can you type what it says?

Status
Not open for further replies.