Shack

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesman905

Been hanging around awile and never posted pics so here goes

Basement Shack

Shack.jpg

The 785D is "multiroomed" to the bedroom using an old laptop loaded with ARC, speaker mounted in the ceiling.

multiroom.jpg

One of the 250D's for mobile, mounted on an adjustable arm (thanks tonnsoffun)

mobile.jpg

Maxrad (BMAX1000) with drilled NMO mount.

car.jpg

Wall mounted Antennacraft ST2 connected with RG6 and split 4 ways using a Broadband Cable Signal Amp

antenna.jpg

Last edited:

mrradio2

Kilo 9 Echo Mike Alpha WQOC 375
Premium Subscriber
Nice set up good job

QUOTE=bluesman905]Been hanging around awile and never posted pics so here goes

Basement Shack

Shack.jpg

The 785D is "multiroomed" to the bedroom using an old laptop loaded with ARC, speaker mounted in the ceiling.

multiroom.jpg

One of the 250D's for mobile, mounted on an adjustable arm (thanks tonnsoffun)

mobile.jpg

Maxrad (BMAX1000) with drilled NMO mount.

car.jpg

Wall mounted Antennacraft ST2 connected with RG6 and split 4 ways using a Broadband Cable Signal Amp

antenna.jpg
[/QUOTE]

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Hey Simon
Great pics man and a nice clean shack brother. Is the computer in the bedroom to run the ARC and the scanner from the other room?
Take care

bluesman905

Sorry to take it off topic boys, but hey he asked.
Thats an old Kay archtop on the desk, under restoration some day.
Also built a Fender Strat, aka "Frankenstrat" '83 Jap body, 50th anniversary left handed USA neck, reproduction 70's "F" tuners, gold bridge, gaurd is loaded with everything from a Hendrix Voodoo Strat. Played through a late 60"s Pine Electronics tube amp with a modified TS-9 Tubescreamer
Just getting back into Bass and bought a Cort Curbow Retro 4 from the States, still shopping for an amp.
PIC00017.jpg

pathalogical said:
Nice neat shack ! What kind of guitars ya got ? Got some myself too !

Last edited:

bluesman905

tonsoffun said:
Hey Simon
Great pics man and a nice clean shack brother. Is the computer in the bedroom to run the ARC and the scanner from the other room?
Take care

Ya man.... bought 50 feet of 'puter cable & extension for the speaker and routed to the bedroom so I can control from there without moving scanners around. Worked out well, the 'puter look familiar?:lol:

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
That is a sweet idea. So do you have volume control also? Ya that looks a little familar LOL
Take care

bluesman905

tonsoffun said:
That is a sweet idea. So do you have volume control also? Ya that looks a little familar LOL
Take care
The only thing missing is volume control. As you know, the OPP is always MUCH louder than the metro systems. Getting just the right volume is tricky.

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
I remote mine the same way but over the LAN with Serproxy and Virtual Com Port with Skype for the audio. Nice part of Skype is it has a sort of AGC that adjust the audio to keep it all the same level for the most part.

bluesman905

ve3nsv said:
I remote mine the same way but over the LAN with Serproxy and Virtual Com Port with Skype for the audio. Nice part of Skype is it has a sort of AGC that adjust the audio to keep it all the same level for the most part.
I'll have to look into it.....although I'll have to learn what your talking about first :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.