Shadow Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Interesting stuff here on NAT-GEO tonight. The Shadow Wolves (Native American Drug Trackers)

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/CustomsToday/2004/JanFeb/lambert.xml

'Shadow Wolves' Prowl the U.S.-Mexico Border - washingtonpost.com

Border War: The shadow wolves | SmallGovTimes.com

I noticed one of these 'Wolves' was talking on a radio calling "Charlie-100" My guess is Charlie-100 is a Dispatch facility.

Anyone know of these guys have their own radio licenses in addition to CBP?

Another airing of the show comes on tomorrow night on National Geographic Channel at 8:00 Central.

SCPD

QRT
I didn't know we had a TV show thread or I'd have commented there. I rarely ever scroll beyond the Texas Forum. NAT-GEO is saying this is a part of the Border Wars series but kinda an off shoot called Border Warriors.

But since these are Tribal Officers assisting Federal officers in a Nation incident I figured it would be cool to park it here. I'll drop down to TV and join y'all.

Still interested in knowing if they are working Exclusively CBP/ICE Radio frequencies or if the Reservation "Tribal Police" have some licensed. Caught some good Radio comm's on this episode.

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber
It appears that they are working C-100 (NLECC in Orlando, FL) via the CBP network. They id themselves with "Alpha" callsigns, same as ICE agents. I would bet that they have tribal and local frequencies programmed in their radios. Most ICE / CBP offices have MOUs with local PS agencies.

KB1JHU

I believe that the Shadow Wolves are a task force type group. A mix of tribal police and ICE agents who are members of the tribal nation. The ones wearing gear that said "ICE" on it were obviously the ICE agents and the others were tribal police.

kvetreno

They are actually under ICE. They fall under the legal term of ICE Officer. Which is used since it is defined in Immigaration Law.

Status
Not open for further replies.