Aero Shannon VOLMET

Status
Not open for further replies.

a29zuk

Nice S8 signal on 5505 at 0145 UTC, 2145 local time. Using a Palstar R30 with 90' end fed antenna on the back patio.
Beautiful moonlit night here about 70 degrees.
Jim

majoco

Stirrer

Yes, she does gabble and the RAF base station names she calls out very quickly - and there's so many! Received quite well here on the Gray Line when the atmospherics are low.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Several years ago, I seem to recall that Shannon was QSLing - and on their card was a recipe for authentic Irish coffee. Just think - a QSL you can get drunk on. Sweet!

Mike

a29zuk

Received 5450 last night around 0100 UTC. Heard on my Drake SPR-4 with about a S-4 signal.

She does whip through her list very quickly.

Irish coffee....Hmm.

Jim

pjxii

Received 5450 last night around 0100 UTC. Heard on my Drake SPR-4 with about a S-4 signal.

She does whip through her list very quickly.

Irish coffee....Hmm.

Jim

SPR-4, great receiver! A few years ago with higher sunspots I was pulling in Auckland Volmet on my Sony ICF-6800W using the whip antenna quite well here in Florida, as well as Azores and Senegal aero radio.
When the solar cycle picks up in a couple of years give it a try (kind of pointless at the present time).

a29zuk

SPR-4, great receiver! A few years ago with higher sunspots I was pulling in Auckland Volmet on my Sony ICF-6800W using the whip antenna quite well here in Florida, as well as Azores and Senegal aero radio.
When the solar cycle picks up in a couple of years give it a try (kind of pointless at the present time).

Thank you, always drooled over the SPR-4 when I was a teenager, but couldn't afford one. Bought one with all of the crystal slots filled up about 5 years ago.

Yes, will have to try some pacific aero stations when the sunspot cycle increases!

Jim

majoco

Stirrer
The SP station on Hawaii calling herself San Francisco comes in very well here on 8867kHz in the late afternoon until they change to a lower frequency, probably 5643kHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.