• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Sharing PPS data among each other - easy way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
Hello All,

So there are some good places including the FB group for Unication where people share their hard work for users to download a PPS to import and use say on vacation or when travelling to an area.

My question is....
Is there a way to insert a list you download for PPS into your existing list without overwriting it?

Ex: I have Austin area in Zone 1 & 2
Want to insert Dallas list into Zone 3&4 without overwriting Zone 1 & 2.

Do we need to manipulate the data first outside of PPS?

Lot's of good lists out there and simply want to add to my setup without overwriting.

LEH

Premium Subscriber
At this point the answer is, unfortunately, no.

I saw a similar post the other day and Ray Zimmerman told us the next PPS release will include some form of editing the codeplugs. He stated it is being tested currently along with some other pager function changes. He is not sure when the PPS will be released.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Hello All,

So there are some good places including the FB group for Unication where people share their hard work for users to download a PPS to import and use say on vacation or when travelling to an area.

My question is....
Is there a way to insert a list you download for PPS into your existing list without overwriting it?

Ex: I have Austin area in Zone 1 & 2
Want to insert Dallas list into Zone 3&4 without overwriting Zone 1 & 2.

Do we need to manipulate the data first outside of PPS?

Lot's of good lists out there and simply want to add to my setup without overwriting.
What is the Facebook group you're referring to? I'd like to join it. I just got my G5 on Monday. I've been trying to import one friends G5 file and it comes up with an error and PPS won't import it and then I have another friend's file that I did open up but it gives me an error trying to write it to the pager! I've been editing my own file but these guys have done a lot of work in the last year or two that they've had theirs and I'd like to take advantage of it. I didn't realize that you couldn't import data from another file or codeplug. That'll be great if they do fix that in PPS updates.

I'm over in Fort Worth myself and I thought that I would be able to enter the various Fort Worth Regional Radio System sites in the pager and it would scan through all of them like my SDS100. But I'm realizing that it locks onto the first data channel and it doesn't move onto any other sites. Is that the case with this G5 pager?

I don't see very well and I'm looking for this topic right now on sites and how to scan multiple sites or at least change to another site within the pager. I can't seem to find a thread on it so I may try and start one? I hope I'm wrong about this topic.

Brian (COMMSCAN)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Brian,
What you will need to do with the Forth Worth system is create multiple systems. Each unique site that carries traiffic for a particular agency needs to be treated as its own system in the pager.
For example, FW Fire is on L2, Create a system for just the L2 control channels. Create another system for Arlington, and a new one for Grand Prairie, A new one for Irving and so on.
Then With each system you can then select what talk groups you want to monitor via the knob position on the pager. By doing this you are forcing the pager to only listen to the site that carries the traffic for the agency you want.
For example. I have a knob for Irving FDs channels. Another knob for IFD disp only, another knob for IFD FGND 1 and so on.
Then i have knob position for Arlington FD. The reason i set it up that way is each of these departments uses a different Site ID on the system and in order for the audio to pass you have to be monitoring the correct site.
The only way to do this is to program each site in as its own system.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Thank you Iamsixnine. Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. It's just too bad that out here in the Northwest part of Tarrant County I have local public safety agencies on both L1 and L2 and I can't put them all into one knob position now. I was hopeful of putting all of my local talk groups into one zone and then adding the interoperability channels to that same zone so I could just scan local users. But now I'll have to break it up into two zones, and one of them won't have the IO channels since they are usually on L1. I have been noticing a lot of the Johnson County simulcast site 4 and a few L2 interoperability uses lately. That's not very often I don't think. I will probably just create an L1 portion for the IO channels on their own also.

Thanks again for the reply and I'm glad I asked before I got too far into my programming haha :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.