Sharing Scanner Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

new_to_scanners

Premium Subscriber
Is there someone here who would be willing to share their set up for Phx PD. I would love to see how others have their system arranged and maybe steal some ideas from them. I use Free Scan and have BCD396t Uniden. I don't need it for programming, I just want it to look at.

rwier

Is there someone here who would be willing to share their set up for Phx PD. I would love to see how others have their system arranged and maybe steal some ideas from them. I use Free Scan and have BCD396t Uniden. I don't need it for programming, I just want it to look at.

I have a 396t (blown speaker syndrome) that works great with earphones or external speaker. It is set up for reasonable listening of the Phoenix area Fire and LE services, especially suited to the I-17 and Bell area. I don't know quite how to let you "see my system", but am open for suggestions.

I have FreeScan on my computer so a suggestion about file sharing might help. Be very specific with the instructions. Also, I am into some industrial grade Margueritas, so probably will have to check back tomorrow, lol.

R

new_to_scanners

Premium Subscriber
Industrial grade margaritas...haha.

When I save my settings in Free Scan it creates a .pdf file. Would you be able to email your .pdf file for me look at? Or download your settings from your scanner into Free Scan and save the file to send? I live pretty close to you, actually.

rwier

Industrial grade margaritas...haha.

When I save my settings in Free Scan it creates a .pdf file. Would you be able to email your .pdf file for me look at? Or download your settings from your scanner into Free Scan and save the file to send? I live pretty close to you, actually.

I don't know if this will work. Changed .996 file (FreeScan) to .txt to attach here. Save and change back to .996 and try FreeScan?

Rob

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.