Shearon Harris Nuclear Plant Help

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
If there is anyone near the Shearon Harris Nuclear Plant, will you please check the following frequencies for any P25 activity;

WRVH885 - 857.5125
Pending - 854.7625, 856.0375, 858.8875

Also, WPJT510 looks like new paging freqs - 938.3875, 938.900, 939.900

These are part of the new Harris P25 system they are building out over the next several years.

Attachments

• Duke Build Out Req.pdf
    125.7 KB · Views: 22

Chris-KH2PM

Premium Subscriber
I'm a few miles South, in Northern Harnett County.

I added those freqs to my SDS200 scanlist, and will see if I get any hits. Using ProScan, so if there are any they'll be logged and recorded.

Also found a bunch of frequencies for Duke Energy New Hill with recently updated FCC licenses. Most are UHF. Will be monitoring them as well.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I'm a few miles South, in Northern Harnett County.

I added those freqs to my SDS200 scanlist, and will see if I get any hits. Using ProScan, so if there are any they'll be recorded as well.

Also found a bunch of frequencies for Duke Energy New Hill with recently updated FCC licenses. Most are UHF. Will be monitoring them as well.

Thanks, so far I haven't heard the new Raleigh area repeaters. Attached is a list of all the new licenses/frequencies I've discovered for this area. The ones in gray are listed as possible paging/data freqs while the others are P25.

Attachments

• Duke energy new P25.pdf
    70.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
This evening I drove around in New Hill, and down Shearon Harris Rd with those frequencies in my BCD436HP. None of them
were active. No trunking control data at all.

Thanks for the update, they have been granted an extended build out schedule so I didn't think so, but wanted to check.

Low-Band

@RaleighGuy
Thanks for compiling the frequencies in the Raleigh area. After looking at them, the one's marked in Gray is their current 900MHz Motorola radio system. (not data/paging)
(896-901 & 935-940 MHz)

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
@RaleighGuy
Thanks for compiling the frequencies in the Raleigh area. After looking at them, the one's marked in Gray is their current 900MHz Motorola radio system. (not data/paging)
(896-901 & 935-940 MHz)

Thanks for the input, I was thinking they were based on the emission designation description.

Low-Band

I talked with my Duke contact today. He advised that we probably won't see any sites come 'On the Air' until April/May timeframe.
He also said that many items are currently in flux, so there is no definite schedule at this time.

(Obviously it will take a few years to get all the sites turned up, hence the multi-year build out plan.)