Sheboygan Area Live Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

triryche

Premium Subscriber
Hello group,

Just wanted to get out an FYI that the live Sheboygan area scanner at http://www.qsl.net/k9drx will be down for the next couple of days due to some equipment upgrades. Just making some computer and antenna changes along with some reconstruction of the shack. I would anticipate the feed back up by the weekend if not sooner. At that time, feed may be only 800 MHz only. Thanks for your time!

Mike K9DRX :cool:

triryche

Premium Subscriber
..it's back up.

Here's the deal:

Cingular put up a tower nearby :roll: which has got Sheboygan TRS reception all messed up for me. That leaves me in sort of a bind as to what to do with this feed. I have to use an 800 MHz Yagi pointed opposite this cell tower, which is south, to get a clear signal on Sheboygan TRS. However this limits the feed to Sheboygan and Ozaukee Co. 800 MHz ONLY. If I stick with the discone, SCTRS is all crackle and weak signal from the damn cellular tower but all the area VHF is still there. Last option would be use the factory whip indoors but then it will get NOTHING but Sheboygan TRS and very local VHF/UHF repeaters with interference from computers, etc..

Right now the feed is 800 MHz only until I get a hacksaw big enough for that cell tower :wink:

Mike
http://www.qsl.net/k9drx

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
How far away is "nearby" and how dedicated are you to the feed? Right off the top of my head I can think of one way to get a compromise of both, but it will take the purchase of a triplexer.

triryche

Premium Subscriber
I'm not aware of any duplexers or triplexers on the market that isolate 850-870 MHz while also passing 25-850 Mhz.. Do you know of anything similar? I have seen 800 MHz duplexers and triplexers but they don't usually have adequate band coverage for scanner use. Also cost an arm and a leg but if I could get something set up with my current design, I would consider it but it wouldn't be just for the scanner feed. Currently the discone on the roof is sent to a Stridesberg 4-port active multicoupler and and feeds 4 scanner. I also have an 800 Yagi that feeds a designated 800 MHz scanner. I have tried several combinations to combine the two antennas and nothing works.

I switched the feed back to the discone thus reducing signal quality on Sheboygan TRS and Ozaukee TRS but folks wanted area VHF so it's kind of a compromise at this time.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.