Shelby County- Bartlett TN

bilboj

Is anybody monitoring Bartlett TN Public Safety? I can hear Police Dispatch channel A but do not get any traffic on Police Channel B. It does not appear to be encrypted per the database. The only encryption appears to be Police Channel C - records. Also, I used to hear traffic on the Bartlett/Memphis police link channel but I no longer hear anything. Any feedback would be appreciated

tvengr

Well Known Member
Police channel B has a service type of Law Tac. When you first install Sentinel, only the Dispatch service types are enabled. That would not explain why you no longer hear the Bartlett/Memphis link which has a Law Dispatch service type. It probably is used only when needed. If using a favorites list, please attach it and I will be happy to check it for problems. Go to the File tab in Sentinel and click on Export to hpe file (Favorites List). You will need to right click on the exported file and Send to Compressed (zipped) folder to be able to attach it. Click on Attach files and Open the zipped folder.

bilboj

Police channel B has a service type of Law Tac. When you first install Sentinel, only the Dispatch service types are enabled. That would not explain why you no longer hear the Bartlett/Memphis link which has a Law Dispatch service type. It probably is used only when needed. If using a favorites list, please attach it and I will be happy to check it for problems. Go to the File tab in Sentinel and click on Export to hpe file (Favorites List). You will need to right click on the exported file and Send to Compressed (zipped) folder to be able to attach it. Click on Attach files and Open the zipped folder.
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I was aware of the service type of Law Tac and Law Dispatch and I had already gone into my Sentinel profile and made sure to enable that particular box for Law Tac as it was not enabled. I then did a "write to scanner" to make sure the update was sent to the scanner but still was not able to hear any traffic on B when officers were instructed to switch to B. I had done the same thing for hospitals because I was not getting voice traffic on the EMT to ER channels and that issue was corrected once I enable the hospital service type. I don't think I missed any steps but it's possible

Airdorn

I monitor Bartlett quite a bit. I'm in Cordova using DSD+.

Pretty much, all you'll ever see with BPD is TG 201 and occasionally TG 202 and 206.

My DSD groups file shows talkgroups 251, 252, and 253 as getting quite a few hits, much more than 202 (Chan B).

EDIT: As I was writing this, an encrypted call on TG 206 came through, and the dispatcher answered in the clear. TG 206 is not in the RR database yet.

Airdorn

UPDATE

I listened for a bit longer after seeing this conversation here, and I noticed a bit of traffic on TG 202 (Channel B) and it was all encrypted.

I'm regularly seeing encrypted comms from users on TG 206 and the dispatcher answering in the clear.

So it looks like some radios are encrypted and some are not on TG 206. Not sure if all of TG 202 is encrypted.

TG 201 is still clearly the most heavily used on the Bartlett system.

bilboj

UPDATE

I listened for a bit longer after seeing this conversation here, and I noticed a bit of traffic on TG 202 (Channel B) and it was all encrypted.

I'm regularly seeing encrypted comms from users on TG 206 and the dispatcher answering in the clear.

So it looks like some radios are encrypted and some are not on TG 206. Not sure if all of TG 202 is encrypted.

TG 201 is still clearly the most heavily used on the Bartlett system.
I haven't logged back in to the forums lately and just found your reply. All I ever hear for BPD is TG 201 channel A dispatch. When officer asks to switch to B,
If you attach your favorites list, I can check it for you.

I will follow over but never hear any transmissions. So I assume it is encrypted even though RR shows that it is not. Not sure what TG 206 is since it is not in RR database. But if it is mostly encrypted it will not make any difference to me. I used to hear MPD on the BPD/MPD link but I now longer hear traffic on it. It is TG 253. I always avoided it since it was not Bartlett calls but I am curious as to why it went silent

Attachments

• Shelby Cnty TN Area.zip
    4.5 KB · Views: 6