Shelby County Private System Providers

Airdorn

Here in Shelby County we have quite a few trunked systems and it's always nice discovering new ones to add to the database.

But I think the list of our private trunked radio system providers is a bit of a mess.

We have:

1. ComServ - None of the listed frequencies appear in the FCC database. How is that possible? This is a working LTR system. They have an open business on Sycamore View road in Memphis. AM I querying it wrong? I'm selecting query FCC data (USA) on the left panel, and then typing in the listed frequency after selecting Tennessee (and Mississippi and Arkansas, just to be sure). Nothing returns.

2. Integrated Communications - The frequencies here appear as "Integrated Wireless" in the FCC database. According to their website their name is "Integrated Communications, Inc." and has been around for some 50 years.

3. Integrated Wireless - This appears to just be the FCC's name for the above, not actually a separate provider.

4. Leading Edge Communications - The frequencies here appear as "Integrated Wireless" in the FCC database. Maybe they were bought out? Their website doesn't resolve for me.

5. Railcom - This one seems correct.

Then, we've got Tennessee FleetTalk. The only frequency there that appears in the FCC database is the one for DeSoto MS, 452.6500 -- And it's listed for MS Two Way Comm -- the rest don't show up. But FleetTalk is a fully functional NexEdge system!

It looks like having all those listings in the R. R. database for Shelby County seems a bit off. I'm wondering what the best way would be to straighten it up. You know, for my OCD. :)

Thanks for any info.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
I agree Shelby County definitely shows some neglect, or reflects a lack of significant user investigation and submission interest, in the database. But...I'll be working on that soon.

I'm planning on doing a lot of work on cleaning up the Shelby County database and verifying/correcting what's there. Additionally, there are a number of systems in the county which aren't listed. ComServ (ComServ Services LLC) is at the top of my list for private systems. They are licensed, and I have their data from the ULS. I was actually talking to one of the guys in their shop the other day when I was there and got some additional info on their system that I just need to get in order before I submit.

Airdorn

Some of this is my fault. Years ago when I got into the hobby I was in "wow new system!!" mode and I think I got a few things right, but I botched a few others. Then I left the hobby for *reasons*.

Today, I'm seeing some scattered, disjointed entries in the Shelby Co database. I'm hoping to correct things asap!

As far as unlisted FCC data, could this be from new private systems putting their stuff online before the gov't gets the license data online?

Thanks

wirr

Database Admin
1. ComServ - None of the listed frequencies appear in the FCC database. How is that possible? This is a working LTR system. They have an open business on Sycamore View road in Memphis. AM I querying it wrong? I'm selecting query FCC data (USA) on the left panel, and then typing in the listed frequency after selecting Tennessee (and Mississippi and Arkansas, just to be sure). Nothing returns.

Search on the FCC ULS site instead of RadioReference; apparently RR's FCC lookup does not include CP radio service licenses.

radiocrazy123

Then, we've got Tennessee FleetTalk. The only frequency there that appears in the FCC database is the one for DeSoto MS, 452.6500 -- And it's listed for MS Two Way Comm -- the rest don't show up. But FleetTalk is a fully functional NexEdge system!

The way Radio Reference shows "Tennessee FleetTalk" is misleading as they do not understand, nor know the agreements between the radio shops.

ComServ and VEI on the West and upper central side of the State while Dalton Comm. has the system on the East side of the State, they are separate systems with linked talkgroups via a 3rd party bridge. These three shops actually have two different agreements. Statewide only bridged TGs, and SE USA TGs bridged. The SouthEast USA bridging is the real "FleetTalk".

FleetTalk, was created by Rock Communications in NC and is linking (using a 3rd party vendor bridge) SE USA participating Nexedge systems together for the purpose of serving customers that travel across various systems as radio shops share revenue from those roaming customers. Various Kenwood dealers in TN, NC, SC, VA, GA, FL joined this shared revenue MOU to form "FleetTalk".

Land Air Communications and Cartwright are not part of FleetTalk.

I do not know the bridging status of Battles Communications but they have a system in West TN. NOT all shops within the SE USA area are bridged as some shops refuse to share revenue or system programming.

See link below to see FleetTalk coverage.
Two-Way Radios | Multi-State Coverage | Carolinas | FleetTalk by Rock

Airdorn

Search on the FCC ULS site instead of RadioReference; apparently RR's FCC lookup does not include CP radio service licenses.
Hmm, which site?