Shelby County Sheriff Office & Home Patrol 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowga

New owner of a Uniden Home Patrol 2. Downloaded the latest database updates from Homepatrol.com, and have the unit successfully scanning most of the police, EMS, and fire traffic in the area.

I upgraded from my Uniden Home Patrol 1 specifically so that I could monitor the Shelby County Sheriff's Office again. After several hours of listening, I haven't heard anything from them. I live in the Helena, AL area, so I'm near at least one of their towers.

Can someone walk me through, step-by-step what is required to get the Uniden Home Patrol 2 scanning the SCSO? I'm also new to scanners in general, so please be patient.

Thanks in advance.

lowga

Upgraded to the Extreme Edition of the software from Uniden. Have tried Discovery Searches, ID Searches, all to no avail. I hear a control frequency on 152.72000 from Chelsea loud, but nothing else decodes. The DB does not seem to match what is actually in use.

Does anyone have more information on the Shelby County Sheriff's P25 Phase 2 System? Are any other HP2 users able to decode audio?

Any information would be appreciated.

ALMountain

I'm new to scanners and don't have much knowledge of them but I'm also interested to know the Shelby frequencies. How do people seem to find the apco 25 frequencies so easily for other apco 25 systems such as Jeffco S.O. And Bham PD. There has to be a way to find the Shelby ones too.

lowga

After spending several days, trying ever trick that I could find or that was recommended, I've had no luck. I believe that there are only two possibilities:

The database is incorrect.
OR
The system is encrypted.

Avery93

Premium Subscriber
After spending several days, trying ever trick that I could find or that was recommended, I've had no luck. I believe that there are only two possibilities:

The database is incorrect.
OR
The system is encrypted.

The database is almost certainly incorrect, and badly so. When this system went back online it was supposed to be P25 Phase II simulcast. This is in contrast to the original Phase I multi-cast setup that the database still shows.

Looks like you have found the new simulcast control channel on 152.720. You or someone else will have to run Pro96Com or Unitrunker on the control channel and decode the trunking tables for this VHF system. They will then have to be programmed into your scanner in order for it to know what frequency to tune when a voice channel becomes active. Running Pro96Com will also display other important information about the system that can then be updated in the database, including all of the voice channels if left to run long enough.

The system must be running at a lower ERP than before, as I can no longer hear it at all. With the old multi-cast setup, I could routinely hear 2-3 of the sites when conditions were good and was able to map out the system fairly well. This info from early 2013 is what's still in the database, and is more than likely useless on the 'new' system.

Edit: If there is anyone within range of the system that can run Pro96Com on the system for several hours, post the log files here and I will handle sending in the update ticket.

lowga

Pro96Com and the HomePatrol2

Unfortunately we're still waiting for Uniden to modify the firmware to allow the Extreme Software to output serial data. This is a planned upgrade, since it's mentioned on their web site and literature, but the feature doesn't work yet.

I don't have a scanner that will work with Pro96Comm. But I would appreciate it if someone in the area can take a look at this system.

phask

Premium Subscriber
My hp1 and 2 work with Unitrunker - never tried it with Procom - use a 996 or 325 with Procom.

Why not run Unitrunker?

Unfortunately we're still waiting for Uniden to modify the firmware to allow the Extreme Software to output serial data. This is a planned upgrade, since it's mentioned on their web site and literature, but the feature doesn't work yet.

I don't have a scanner that will work with Pro96Comm. But I would appreciate it if someone in the area can take a look at this system.

Avery93

Premium Subscriber

Got some solid decode logs from a member. See the other thread for the system's band plan as it will need to be entered in your scanner.

bwall332

Premium Subscriber
Shelby County First Responder Emergency Radio Network

While driving through Shelby County on Hwy 280 last Saturday I could received the network loud and clear.Started receiving the system as I was coming through Harpersville westbound on 280 and listened to them until I got to Hwy 119 around lake Purdy where I lost the signal.I was using my Home Patrol 2 programmed with the info from the RR database for Shelby County.

lowga

Yes, I did. Actually just downloaded the newest update two days ago. I see where the site locations have been adjusted, with the Chelsea site being dominant. But the HP2 scanner will still not decode any audio, or display call group ID's. ID search is set to "ON".

The scanner receives Jefferson County Sheriff's P25 (Phase 1) system with no problems.

Perhaps I need to invest in a different scanner.

bwall332

Premium Subscriber
Was back in Shelby county Wednesday and Thursday and did not hear anything on my Home Patrol 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.