Shelby county sheriff's p25 and ncd 996p2

Status
Not open for further replies.

medic9351301

Banned
Has anyone programmed this system in this radio. Do you have to enter a band plan or will the control channel decode it.

Is the information correct in the database . If I use that info. I only hear the dispatchers no units

Please help.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
It shows a pure P25 Phase II system so all you should have to do is plug in the active control channel. I tried to monitor it last time I come thru there which was a while back and I guess since it was new then then wasn't much heard. Hopefully their not ENC as small municipalities like to do with their brand new digital systems.

Julian1

Shelby Co Sheriff - Radios & MDT on line to view

I had the pleasure of riding along with a deputy.

As you look at the FCC license, Harris's VHF P25-Type II digital uses 100-watt repeaters at five or so sites in the county.

Notice the mobile radios are licensed at 4-watts.

The hand held radios do not reliably reach the repeaters. SOLUTION - They use Southern Link when away from the car. Southern Link operates like a parallel system. So if they're out of the car, they are on So-Link.

ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Trunked License - WPXF230 - SHELBY, COUNTY OF - Frequencies Summary

ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Trunked License - WPXF230 - SHELBY, COUNTY OF - Frequencies Summary

Also - the MDT computer terminals are used a lot. Calls of any significance are on the radio, not just the computer.

http://dispatchlog.shelbyal.com >> MDT Dispatches are updated every 5 minutes or so. The time is given as: 20170412214130CD breaks down as:
2017 > year / 0412 > April 12 today's date
214130 is time in 24-hr format = 21-hr, 41-min, 30-seconds, CD = Central Daylight Time

Shelby County is a highly populated county - BUT.... the more highly populated areas are incorporated cities such as Hoover, Pelham, Alabaster, etc...

They do go back up cities on calls a fair amount too.

Hope this helps!

medic9351301

Banned
I got the system working .
It's strange the 5 freqs listed in the data base under Shelby county trunked are correct.

The fcc license freqs are not used. And the 5 are
Catorgrized as paging. This is a strange system. to say the least. Seems like they got ripped on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.