Shelton 50 Car MVA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cskib32087

I Was listening to the shelton MVA yesterday from very close, coms for fd were on 33..88 mostly and some on 33.86. PD stayed on the 852.250. EMS used their repeater 453.975 & Tac5 460.5625, about an hour into it i caught 902 calling command asking him to go to the encrypted channel for a message.
I found digital encrypted comms on 453.9625 for a few min.
Other caomms were on
461.450 Ansonia EMS
47.50 AMR New Haven
463.575 AMR Bridgeport
Also hear a rumor that Shelton EMS might be going to a Mototrbo system soon. and shelton FD has a UHF frequency 453.4375 (the mobile repeater freq) that they are going to try and licence High power to build a new system, I wonder how many bids they will get on that system? Prob Motorola and Marcus with Tait ...We will see

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
I was at my firehouse in Ansonia yesterday for our kid's Christmas party and was listening in to the call. It occurred on a corner just north of Indian Well State Park on Route 110 (Levenworth Road). There was an accident at one of the corners on the road and then with the weather and icy roads, a chain reaction accident occurred. It was about 50 cars involved, only 6 transports to the hospitals while everyone else was cleared on scene with minor injuries. There is a popular tree farm about a mile or two from where the accident was and if you look at the pictures, a lot of the cars and trees tied to their roofs!

As for Shelton's radios, that has been in the works for quite some time. EMS went over to UHF about 3 years ago, the FD has had the X-band repeater for a while now and the PD is trying to get off the 800 MHz, which there was a posting on here about that in this thread, about their coverage problems throughout the city. Last I knew any new radio systems were temporarily put on hold due to the fiscal crisis and trying to save money. I hope they all get a good system as Shelton's terrain is very unique.

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
I Was listening to the shelton MVA yesterday from very close, coms for fd were on 33..88 mostly and some on 33.86. PD stayed on the 852.250. EMS used their repeater 453.975 & Tac5 460.5625, about an hour into it i caught 902 calling command asking him to go to the encrypted channel for a message.
I found digital encrypted comms on 453.9625 for a few min.
Other caomms were on
461.450 Ansonia EMS
47.50 AMR New Haven
463.575 AMR Bridgeport
Also hear a rumor that Shelton EMS might be going to a Mototrbo system soon. and shelton FD has a UHF frequency 453.4375 (the mobile repeater freq) that they are going to try and licence High power to build a new system, I wonder how many bids they will get on that system? Prob Motorola and Marcus with Tait ...We will see

That will be interesting if Shelton EMS decides to go to a Mototrbo system. I kind of see it as causing some issues in terms of interoperability with other towns and with the PD and FD unless the entire town decides to go to Motortrbo.

Status
Not open for further replies.