Shelton PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimTailor

Has Shelton PD done anything different with their signal? I live near Trumbull PD headquarters, pretty much within line of site of the Booth Hill transmitter location. I have an external antenna. I've had Shelton PD in my scanner for years and never heard a peep from them until this afternoon. The signal is not very good but its there. Any way to account for the sudden reception?

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
I live on the hill in Ansonia and have been hearing them okay. But then again I'm line of site to thier transmitter so I don't notice it that much. As for being mobile, I haven't really noticed a change either. I see what i get over the next couple of days and get back to you.

Cskib32087

Shelton PD went simulcast about a year ago from the derby site & booth hill site. Rumor has it they are putting a 3rd site up but thats been rumor for a long time. I hear them in westport easy now

scollier

A rumor is a rumor is a rumor in Shelton so... Just like this "new system" they're "building" But have no frequencies cuz "FCC hasn't assigned them any yet cuz they "had to pay to get a waiver from a town out on Long Island" Who knows. but I doubt the fcc will grant it cuz the system is in good working shape now. They'll probably be waiting 5 more years for one and by that time 800 will be obsolete LOL.

Yes you should be able to hear fine with the video lane site. Even Fd is much better now i can hear them at Walmart on the 96

Shelton PD went simulcast about a year ago from the derby site & booth hill site. Rumor has it they are putting a 3rd site up but thats been rumor for a long time. I hear them in westport easy now

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
The whole idea of Shelton going to a "new system" was to have all the city agencies on the same frequency band. The 800 Mhz for the PD was not the best of choices for the department but it was better than the radio they had before,. They were looking to UHF since EMS is already on it and the FD uses it as a cross band to 33.86 & 33.88. But like everything else its $$$$$$ when it comes down to it and there is none right now. My cousin is a cop in Shelton as well are some close friends, they say they definitely need something better than the set up now.

You have to fix what you are working with now and make it the best you can until it can be replaced. But how many times can you ad a band aid to it. I hope they come up with a solution sooner than later.

KB1JHU

Just in case anyone cares, this is the Shelton PD portable channel lineup in an official Shelton PD HT1000.

Attachments

• 1009091450.jpg
    1009091450.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 198

scollier

LOL. Could we actually have the frequencies? Ah I see what they're doing. Can anyone else guess! I have 1 2 3 5 7 9 10 13 15 16 right now. Pretty smart to put a label on the back. They ask anyway over the radio LOL. Not to offend any family or such. As long as lauretti is in I don't think we'll see anything too big. Now is Jones got in. NE, would add a stop in shelton on their area list while they're in Monroe and Bridgeport encrypting everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.