Shenandoah County new radio system

vsp5151

Here is a picture of the antenna system at the Mt. Jackson (trash) site. I didn't check on an microwave antenna on the other side of the pole. I would assume they will shoot to Deer Head for a microwave path. Are they currently using a few new frequencies in the FM narrow band mode for communications? I hear nothing on their old frequencies.

Attachments

• IMG_5170.jpg
    IMG_5170.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 73

wfrd140

Premium Subscriber
Here is a picture of the antenna system at the Mt. Jackson (trash) site. I didn't check on an microwave antenna on the other side of the pole. I would assume they will shoot to Deer Head for a microwave path. Are they currently using a few new frequencies in the FM narrow band mode for communications? I hear nothing on their old frequencies.

Old freqs were active as of last Friday the 10th

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
I did yesterday and found nothing. But I didn't spend a lot of time on it and I may be a little too far south.

sbmoomaw

Any more news or frequency listings for Shenandoah County? I heard the new P25 system goes online Wed morning 9/14 6:00am
Thanks

sbmoomaw

So here's all I have at the moment. I believe the P25 licenses are WRFM581, WREY641, WRFH568 and WRHW719. I found 451.2625 active over the weekend. I believe it's the active CC. NFM P25 NAC A62H DAT Some verification is required as I am new to the P25 system.

sbmoomaw

Update: The new Shenandoah County P25 system is online. I'm receiving some audio at the present however I think I'm dealing with simulcast distortion. Still researching the issue.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
I checked this morning and couldn't pick the system up using the control channel you had mentioned earlier. I'm probably too far south, but do you know if they are still using the same one? What type of scanner are you using?

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
Hmm time to take another trip down to the valley from monkey county here in md and see what I can find...I also checked RR and has anyone submitted info to RR yet about the new system?

sbmoomaw

I checked this morning and couldn't pick the system up using the control channel you had mentioned earlier. I'm probably too far south, but do you know if they are still using the same one? What type of scanner are you using?

I'm in Woodstock using a Uniden BCD536. The control channel last night was the same as I mentioned earlier. I didn't start receiving any audio until 23:00 last night. The BCD536 programming took me a while to figure out unfortunately. I'm hoping that others can have a look as I'm new to the BCD536 and trunked radio systems.

sbmoomaw

Hmm time to take another trip down to the valley from monkey county here in md and see what I can find...I also checked RR and has anyone submitted info to RR yet about the new system?

I tried submitting a Submit Info-Trunked Data System Notice prior to the system going live. It was rejected at that point since the system was not fully on line. I have not revisited the issue.

sbmoomaw

I have not run pro96com or DSD. I'm looking into that now. Not familiar with either unfortunately. It appears my audio is improved by collapsing the telescopic antenna completely and setting the digital threshold mode to manual 6.
Here's a link to our local newspaper on the switchover.