Shenandoah County Public Safety (Virginia)

JethrowJohnson

I've been listening to this feed a little bit today and I noticed that some of the audio is a little garbled sometimes, and it's not all the time, but I looked that county up in the database and both sites are listed as simulcast, so I think that's probably what's causing it. Sometimes it just cuts out too and sounds a bit choppy.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I've been listening to this feed a little bit today and I noticed that some of the audio is a little garbled sometimes, and it's not all the time, but I looked that county up in the database and both sites are listed as simulcast, so I think that's probably what's causing it. Sometimes it just cuts out too and sounds a bit choppy.
I'm sure the feed provider will be happy to change the receiver and use a SDS scanner for the feed if you are offering to buy him one.

JethrowJohnson

I'm sure the feed provider will be happy to change the receiver and use a SDS scanner for the feed if you are offering to buy him one.
Well I just thought I'd let him know in case he didn't listen to it all time. I thought maybe an SDR receiver might work better.

Rebellt

Feed Provider
If you want to just listen to Fire and Rescue, I broadcast the feed on Shenandoah County Fire and Rescue. I switched to a SDS 200 and have no issues with that except our wonderful monopoly internet provider which keeps dropping internet every now and then. Originally, I was using the Uniden BCD325P2 which they are using on that broadcast group and had lots of issues with not picking up and garbled.

JethrowJohnson

If you want to just listen to Fire and Rescue, I broadcast the feed on Shenandoah County Fire and Rescue. I switched to a SDS 200 and have no issues with that except our wonderful monopoly internet provider which keeps dropping internet every now and then. Originally, I was using the Uniden BCD325P2 which they are using on that broadcast group and had lots of issues with not picking up and garbled.
Okay. I just thought an SDR dongle might help especially since they don't cost a whole pile of money from what I hear, except that it just needs software on a computer. 👍