Shenandoah Natl Park Shootings

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfburns

Report of 2 people shot on Skyline Dr. @ the Rock Point Overlook (MP10) just before 2000. Pri radio tfc from Parkway 214 (UID 214) on the SNP simul system. He says he has no coverage on the Parkway system. Suspect is a 40's WM armed w/ a shotgun and driving a red Ford Taurus. SNP, Parkway, VSP, Nelson, Augusta and Rockbridge Counties on scene.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
I've been listening to Augusta SO and VSP-Appomatox. Sounds like maybe 5 victims... confusion on number at first due to multiple agencies and not sure where it stands now.

tglendye

Premium Subscriber
Also, sounds like they had one suspect in custody and transported to ER. Not sure if that is correct.

Todd

CVASSB

I believe that the insident started around Hump Back Rock. They said that a State Policemen got shot. There is a helicopter with thermal seeking optics looking for a man,in a red Ford,with gray hair. Many radio broadcasts,and plenty of confusion which has already been said.

tglendye

Premium Subscriber
Are you certain the trooper was shot? I heard he was bleeding, but appeared minor. Heard him on the radio as well.

CVASSB

I heard him say that he was bleeding real good. I'm not sure if he got shot now. Another helocopter just landed to pick up another wounded person. Many emergency vehicles are there now.

Status
Not open for further replies.