Sheriffs Dispatch, or not??

Status
Not open for further replies.

KG6JTU

Premium Subscriber
No, because listening to FD can't help those breaking the law.

What about arsonists or pyromaniacs? I imagine they'd find a use for live FD feeds in the course of committing their crimes and such. The former for getting away from the scene of their crime, the latter for finding fires (or whatever it is that they're into).

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
What about arsonists or pyromaniacs?

As soon as you hear of that happening, post it here and I'll be the first to apologize.

Until then, I'll consider that story whacked.

dunagan

I think this incident was a rare occurance. I think VERY FEW criminals (THUGS) are listening to the app on their phone. After the crime is committed they are simply just trying to get away. This feed is going to do little to help them and they already know the police are coming at them from all directions. I am in my truck most of the day in high crime areas and often listen so that I can be the eyes and ears to dispatch if I see something that needs to be reported. We know the police can't be everywhere and it takes people like us to take advantage of the technology that we have available and help combat crime. David Dunagan, D&D Properties

rdale

Premium Subscriber
I think this incident was a rare occurance.

It's not, you can search the forum for more example.

After the crime is committed they are simply just trying to get away. This feed is going to do little to help them and they already know the police are coming at them from all directions.

Again, that's not true. The criminals were in a LARGE park/wooded area with plenty of exits that weren't able to be covered by deputies. All they had to do was listen for them to point out where they are, and they knew where the deputies aren't. That makes an escape much easier. Had K9 not been involved, I think the outcome could easily have been different.

KG6JTU

Premium Subscriber
As soon as you hear of that happening, post it here and I'll be the first to apologize.

Until then, I'll consider that story ********* (censored personal attack).

Here you go: Former Wymore firefighter faces three felonies in arson case and another Business | Suspect Arrested In Arson Spree -- Lynnwood-Area Man Linked To 40 Fires | Seattle Times Newspaper

Hope this helps. If you need more, I can continue googling, I just grabbed the first two i saw in the results.

Last edited:

rdale

Premium Subscriber
Nothing about using a scanner to evade detection...

Status
Not open for further replies.