Sherman DPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmc

Premium Subscriber
I have programmed all listed frequencies in the P25 format for Sherman DPS and have not heard a single transmission for days. Have they integrated the new 700 mhz system or changed over to something else?

Trekker65

Premium Subscriber
I have programmed all listed frequencies in the P25 format for Sherman DPS and have not heard a single transmission for days. Have they integrated the new 700 mhz system or changed over to something else?
I was wondering the same thing. I have a Radio Shack Pro 2096 and do believe I have programmed it correctly but am not hearing anything. I once was hearing the freq for the non p25 but no longer hear that either.

mikebennett

Premium Subscriber
I've been monitoring non-stop on 155.445 / NAC 123, also via the Denton repeater on 159.2175 / NAC 111.

Since the DPS cars now have MDT's they don't run as much traffic as they used to though.

Mike

timmc

Premium Subscriber
I actually heard the same thing that they use the MDT's more than using the radios except for local traffic where they use the local SO frequencies. Thanks.

mikebennett

Premium Subscriber
One other thing to consider that I've noticed is that the digital transmissions don't carry as far as analog. I used to pick up Dallas & Sulphur Springs DPS most of the time on a hand-held in Sherman but not any more since they switched over.

I wouldn't think that would be an issue if you're in Gainesville though.

timmc

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Mike, you are absolutely correct on this frequency and the NAC code.

I've heard them several times, not as much as I use too but that's understandable since MDT's are the norm.

I have a total list of the new 700 mhz frequencies and wonder if they will change over to this eventually. It sounds as though they may by 2015 if we're all still around by then.

Thanks Again!!

bwillcox

DPS Sherman was active on the Denton repeater yesterday.

It is rare that I actually hear them between the P25 being lower power and the plain lack of traffic since they mostly use their MDTs.

Same good old dispatcher tho with the drawl and "10-4, kc568" (instead of the proper "kcy568") as I remember from the analog days. :D

mikebennett

Premium Subscriber
They simulcast on both the Sherman & Denton sites. I travel to the hill country about this time every year and I can hear them on the Denton repeater well south of Weatherford.

Status
Not open for further replies.