Shiawassee County, Owosso area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fooya

Premium Subscriber
Hello all, I am looking for anyone who lives in my County of Shiawassee area. I use a Radio Shack Pro-197 and within the last month they changed or updated the frequencies per my area because my scanner is not picking up signals like it did before. Can anybody confirm this?

I haven't updated the frequencies in a couple years so I'm trying to figure out if my scanner went bad or just need to update. I will look for my cord later today and see if can check for updates.

I'm thinking of upgrading to the new Uniden BCD536HP if I can't get this one running again.

Also can anybody help me figure out why I have a hard time picking up hospital and ambulance frequencies?

MOTST

Hi Fooya. Yes, Shiawassee has been re-banded, so you will need to change your control freqs to 15Mhz lower then the old ones.
I live in Shiawassee as well, but to confirm, I am also doing the frequency pushes for the entire state.
Hope this helps.

Fooya

Premium Subscriber
Hey there, what do you mean change freqs to 15Mhz?
And by pushing frequencies for the entire state do you mean you have all frequencies for the state open?

I have had scanners for 15+ years but haven't messed with the settings since I bought it back in 2008, thats 6yrs ago...I feel sooo lost lol

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Last edited:

Fooya

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the replies...

I went ahead and re-subbed for 360 days to check my frequencies. I saved my current as *Old* and then created a new template and saved again to start. I added trunked and conventional for my county for police, fire and EMS and uploaded. I can now hear again from my scanner. CHEERS!!

Now reading a bit more info from the web sites you given, I see the added frequencies and wonder if I can reload my Old template and just add those frequencies to update or catch up? When I click on All Objects from Old template it shows I had 280 used and on my new template it says 75 used, so I think I'm missing some stuff. Does that make sense? But without looking, I think I had a few extra things in the Old that I didn't yet add such as Consumors and Genessee County.

Fooya

Premium Subscriber
Hello again, I have setup my county the best that I can and listened to it yesterday and I'm happy. Is there a way I can add the hospitals in Genessee and Clinton counties so I can hear the transmissions between our ambulances when they go to there county? Or will I need to add there whole county?

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Hello again, I have setup my county the best that I can and listened to it yesterday and I'm happy. Is there a way I can add the hospitals in Genessee and Clinton counties so I can hear the transmissions between our ambulances when they go to there county? Or will I need to add there whole county?

Sure just add in their talkgroup numbers. Granted the ambulance groups would need to carried by the towers you get, generally they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.