Shift to digital mobile radio picks up steam

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowBat

Premium Subscriber
I suppose it stands to reason that digital trunking, in it's current evolutionary phase, is suitable for the business community and any other end user that doesn't need to reply upon it for a critical situation. Perhaps in the future 12.5 KHz analog will be reserved for public safety.

W2NJS

Another typical, "planted," feelgood story with no firm statistics to back up any of the claims. I guess this is what PR departments in manufacturing companies do to earn their pay. They could have done the whole story by simply writing, "Hey, there's some new kinds of radios in use, with more to come, and we hope to make a bundle of sales as a result."

balibago

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Get with the digital LMR program

I use digital LMR to stay in touch with friends and family at home or on the go. Digital LMR allows me to stay in touch wherever I go, be it around the block or around the world. I have instant access to my collegues whether I at work on an important project or at my 5 year olds soccer practice. If I have an important idea at 3 in the morning I know digital LMR will allow me to communicate it to the right people who need to know. The telephone interconnect feature allows me to instantly access emergency services whether I need to report a fire, a senior citizen who's fallen on a busy highway or even my local law enforcement officials to report suspicious activity. Find out what DMR can do for you and your organization at...........

jim202

What your missing here is the fact that one or more radio vendors are telling their users that they will no longer support what analog systems are still in use after a certain date. So if you want support for your trunking system or mobile radios, you will have to convert to the new digital systems and radios being offered.

Not exactly extortion, but real close to it. Now could this be the reason why so many agencies are starting to dislike one company so much that makes radios? These agencies are finding there is starting to be alternative choices at lower prices.

towersites

Premium Subscriber
I picked up the mic and called out to another station. What he heard was crystal clean clear loud ANALOG audio. Nothing better than that!!! How did we get roped into that digital crap anyway???

SCPD

QRT
Not exactly extortion, but real close to it. Now could this be the reason why so many agencies are starting to dislike one company so much that makes radios? These agencies are finding there is starting to be alternative choices at lower prices.

Amen, Amen and Amen.....

reedeb

I use digital LMR to stay in touch with friends and family at home or on the go. Digital LMR allows me to stay in touch wherever I go, be it around the block or around the world. I have instant access to my collegues whether I at work on an important project or at my 5 year olds soccer practice. If I have an important idea at 3 in the morning I know digital LMR will allow me to communicate it to the right people who need to know. The telephone interconnect feature allows me to instantly access emergency services whether I need to report a fire, a senior citizen who's fallen on a busy highway or even my local law enforcement officials to report suspicious activity. Find out what DMR can do for you and your organization at...........

WELL good for you. I'm glad you love it. I DON'T need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.