Shinwa SR-001 Vintage Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

4Z1UG

I have a Shinwa SR001 Scanner, vintage 1992. Great receiver, but difficult to program with out the IR remote. Does anyone have one with the remote to clone the IR into a universal remote? Finding parts or Shinwa remote is impossible.

RFI-EMI-GUY

There is a complete radio for sale on ebay US right now. That was an oddball radio when it was first introduced. Hope you can find a solution. Maybe a universal remote APP for a tablet. I had a Samsung tablet that had an IR transmitter built in.

4Z1UG

I spent some time yesterday looking for potentially universal remote control code for this radio. It is almost useless with out the remote. I was once a Shinwa Pager Dealer in the early 90's and purchased it then. It is a good radio, but the remote is its Achilles heal. Do you suggest just stepping through the codes with a Universal remote until the right one is found?

Fast1eddie

I have a Shinwa SR001 Scanner, vintage 1992. Great receiver, but difficult to program with out the IR remote. Does anyone have one with the remote to clone the IR into a universal remote? Finding parts or Shinwa remote is impossible.

Hello, I have a complete SR001 with the remote. Bought it used (duh) from Universal Radio and it's been collecting dust ever since. Please take it off my hands!!!
Ed
ehutton209@gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.