Shinwa

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd5vjn

Premium Subscriber
Found an older radio in a thrift shop the other day, and have no idea what to do with it... Never thought I'd say that. It's a Shinwa SH405 GII. Works, have a drop in chargers, shoulder mike, antenna, the works. Apparently when the thing was in production, the programmer (EEPROM) wasn't readily available. Looking for someone who might be able to tell me a little more about, (solid two hours of google search turned up nothing useful) or even program it. Thanks.

wesm1957

Premium Subscriber
I have 2 of these radios. I got them in the late 80's when I was in REACT. Our team used them on GMRS. I am not sure if they can be programed to use on 70cm. I have to sort through things from moving but somewhere I have a service manual and user manual for this model radio. It is a 16 channel radio and has a 1 watt and 5 watt power setting. I do remember the radio has to be opened to be programed. Shinwa dumped them on the market when radios that covered the public service band and could be programed by the user had to be taken off the market. One of mine will not turn on due to a blown fuse. They were good radios.

73's

Wes

Status
Not open for further replies.