Shockwave.com Games on Windows 10? (Not radio related)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimlawrence

My wife wants to run the Shockwave game Restaurant Rush on her Windows 10 PC. We downloaded it and installed it with the idea that we'd try it out before purchasing it. It starts okay, but when we click on the box that says, "Play Free Trial", the game goes directly to the closing screen, skipping over the game entirely.
Funny thing is, when I install the same game on my daughter's Windows 10 PC, it runs perfectly.
I've tried comparing the Windows installation on the two machines and they appear to be identical.
I've contacted Shockwave tech support and they tell me Shockwave games aren't compatible with Windows 10.
My wife's PC has an i5-5200U CPU (daughter's is an i3) and I'm starting to wonder if it's either a timing issue between the game and the CPU or a graphics issue.
Has anyone encountered this problem between Shockwave games and Windows 10 and managed to get the game to run? Thanks, all!

bharvey2

While the following is hit or miss, it's worth a try: Right-click the icon that start the game and select "Properties". Select the "Compatibility" tab and find the "Run the program in compatibility mode" check box and select it. Now choose one of the option. Windows 7 may be a good choice to start. Once that's done, select "Apply" at the bottom of the window and the close the window and give it another try.

Another possible issue is that your daughter's installation of Windows 10 is a 32 bit O.S. while your wife's is 64 bit. Not much of a solution to that. However

BTW, I'm not one for computer games so my suggestion isn't Shockwave specific but it often resolves issues among some programs. I hope you get some mileage out of it.

jimlawrence

While the following is hit or miss, it's worth a try: Right-click the icon that start the game and select "Properties". Select the "Compatibility" tab and find the "Run the program in compatibility mode" check box and select it. Now choose one of the option. Windows 7 may be a good choice to start. Once that's done, select "Apply" at the bottom of the window and the close the window and give it another try.

Another possible issue is that your daughter's installation of Windows 10 is a 32 bit O.S. while your wife's is 64 bit. Not much of a solution to that. However

BTW, I'm not one for computer games so my suggestion isn't Shockwave specific but it often resolves issues among some programs. I hope you get some mileage out of it.
Thanks so much for your reply! I tried that. Sorry to say, it didn't work. But thank you for caring enough to reply!

bharvey2

Sorry it didn't work out. You may still be right though and it could be a driver issue or perhaps the games has some dependencies that your wife's computer lacks. Hopefully someone with gaming experience will weigh in.

Status
Not open for further replies.