Shooting/10-78

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhalld38

Around 100 am on 11-26, Loves Park Police reported shooting at Gias Live Music Club and called out a 10-78 and requested the city of Rockford to respond to Gias. I was listening to Winnebago County officers responding as well. Officers found shell casings at Gias and a red Pontiac was stopped and the driver was detained. Loves Park PD did pursue another vehicle and they lost the vehicle. I did not get the vehicle's description. As of right now there is still alot of radio traffic going on and the 10-78 has been cancelled.

Also while listening to this incident I had Loves Park PD frequency locked on one scanner and listening to Rockford Pd being dispatched on my PSR-500 and I found Loves Park PD on TG 1728. So they are talking on digital and analog?

Last edited:

BCFlash

My guess would be that one of the dispatch centers has a patch set up for the LPPD freq. to Starcom. A good dispatch console (and competent operator) can patch just about anything together although it doesn't always sound that great. ISP Dist 16 might be the logical one to have patches setup to be used for interop in cases like the one you reported. In the old days all the responding units would've just used the dedicated ISPERN VHF radio with the red mic that was in everyone's squad cars; in some respects that was a simple system that worked very well and the ISP was the only base station on it and coordinated the traffic. I believe the current ISPERN system does simulcast on both Starcom and VHF, perhaps the TG you heard is assigned to ISPERN.

VASCAR2

I checked and this talk group is not listed under Winnebago Co however it is in the range of the talk groups used by Rockford PD. I figure Rockford PD has a receiver for Loves Park and patched it through to one of their inter ops talk groups. To my knowledge Dist 16 can only patch between IREACH & ISPERN VHF to the Starcom system. I just learned the Troopers got their Starcom radios programmed so they can now listen and talk to the other Starcom users in D-16. This was way over do and so much for inter operable communications Starcom was supposed to provide. Up until the Starcom radios were reprogrammed to add the local PD & SO talk groups most troops had to use their cell phones or VHF highband in order to talk to any of the local PD or SO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.