Shooting at Orlando Nightclub

Status
Not open for further replies.

y84media

I live in Apopka FL and have my antenna pointed to downtown Orlando for my BCD536HP. Sadly I just installed a new A/V receiver and had to power my scanner off. When I turned it back on I forgot to enable recordings. I would've captured everything. :(

MSS-Dave

You make it sound so easy. The request will surely be denied based it being part of an active criminal investigation with federal oversight.

Also, I will add that your Monday morning quarterbacking of the first responders is highly misguided and inappropriate.

You're free to your opinion but unless you were there or have any insightful knowledge on this incident, expect to not receive a warm reception.

Thank You. These damn armchair quarterbacks are most vocal when they don't live in the area of the event, let alone the same State. The only streaming archive is from about 3AM and only Fire Rescue. For those critical of the handling of this event, file your FOIA request for the LEO feeds. Might as well do this for the FD feeds as well. Hunch over your desk for several days to compile an accurate timeline and sequence of events so YOU can tell everyone else how it should have been done.

AggieCon, you only have partial FD archives to go on. I echo Ryan's comments that your thoughts are misguided and at best underinformed. You really have no clue what transpired right there at that time. Sure victims were transported in trucks or however. The Level 1 Trauma center of Orlando Health is 2000 FEET away. Get them to help. The other 2 hospitals that were locked down are within 1/4 mile of there. As far as interoperability issues. You getting that from your partial archive of what is available? EVERY agency that showed up has access to the local trunked radio system whether directly on the system or patched from a mutual aid channel.

The real issue. 50+ people are dead, 53 or more hurt bad because a damn whack-tard walked into a crowded club and machine-gunned them down. The guy was legal, the guns were legal, his brain a f-ed up jumble of matter. How the hell do you defend against that?

Say a prayer for the victims and families of this senseless act of violence, here in Orlando and everywhere else in the World this crap goes on.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
I provide the feeds for Both OFD and OCFR and Orange Major. All my feeds were up and running. Not sure why no archive during the initial call.

It was likely deleted by the site administrators. This has happened before and is a censorship that is sort of contradictory to the one of the major concepts of RadioReference and Broadcastify, which has always been in support of a transparency in events like this.

baj76

Uniden fanboy
It was likely deleted by the site administrators. This has happened before and is a censorship that is sort of contradictory to the one of the major concepts of RadioReference and Broadcastify, which has always been in support of a transparency in events like this.

I'm guessing you missed Blanton reply..

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
How the hell do you defend against that?

Seriously? Do I really need to start a thread about how to stay safe? There are many things we can do to defend against (likely jihadist) mass murders.

It's not "senseless." These things are happening for a reason. Hmm. If you keep telling yourself there is no reason, I guess it makes it easier to accept the next incident that occurs because you and all the other drones failed to analyze why this happens, much less actually change your ways.

Did any of you actually listen to the very recordings you are claiming were devoid of information? Did any of you actually read this thread? I mean, gosh, we sure know RadioDitch didn't.

The grand conspiracy. DeleteGate. Too bad the Broadcastify admins were too dumb to figure out how to erase all of the archive; they were only able to censor part of it. Amazing.

Again, reference post #32.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
I'm guessing you missed Blanton reply..

I did miss it. I went back and read it, and I believe him. However, again, there's been audio deleted in past instances of major mass fatality events or police involved shootings. So hopefully they can understand why that would be my first reaction.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Did any of you actually listen to the very recordings you are claiming were devoid of information? Did any of you actually read this thread? I mean, gosh, we sure know RadioDitch didn't.

Nope I didn't read from the beginning, and I admit I am guilty of that oversight. But it has happened in the past where the archive was intentionally censored, so some users who become frustrated by it, see it as a reasonable conclusion.

Now I admit my shortsightedness in not reading all the way back. Shall we move on?

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
However, again, there's been audio deleted in past instances of major mass fatality events or police involved shootings. So hopefully they can understand why that would be my first reaction.

Yes, certainly, I generally remain skeptical in this regard. However, it is prudent to analyze each situation. I determined that technological difficulties were a more likely cause. You are excused for not reading and we shall move on. Your timely post allowed me to really drive a point home.

I, too, can understand your reaction and am quite disappointed at the posture to give into censorship. The removal of the live feed during the Boston bombers manhunt comes to mind. I don't like it at all. It's also one of the reasons I suggested earlier in the thread that people should do their own record keeping rather than relying on others.

I posted great starting point information for obtaining records. So far, no bites. There have been some drone attacks though.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
It's also one of the reasons I suggested earlier in the thread that people should do their own record keeping rather than relying on others.

Thanks for understanding.

Unfortunately I'm several thousand miles away and was sound asleep. It's one of the reasons I pay for a premium membership. If I'm paying for something, I expect to get it, whether censorship or tech failure. I get stuff happens, but it's principle at the end of the day.

After all, we all know those archives would have more truth and to them than anything the sensationalized, agenda driven, controlled message news outlets put on during tragic terrorist attacks like this.

And isn't that the point of live feeds really? To hear the truth and reality?

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
Radio, I just don't know anymore. I think I am along the same line of thought as you, but some others just consider the feeds entertainment or something to kill time.

"we all know"

Sadly, it seems many don't think this way. In fact, there have been calls on the RR forums to censor the records that remain. Certainly, many have strong emotions regarding my comments, which are obviously not the approved party line, and I guess they don't realize the victim counts I posted early this morning (based on the feed) was information much more timely and accurate than the media reports at the time.

I don't disagree with expecting to get what you paid for. I guess I just managed my expectations.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Seriously? ...There are many things we can do to defend against (likely jihadist) mass murders.

He is a Jihadist because his name started with 'Omar'. Get a clue. At this point, with out more info, it is at best, a hate crime.

It's not "senseless." These things are happening for a reason. Hmm. If you keep telling yourself there is no reason, I guess it makes it easier to accept the next incident that occurs because you and all the other drones failed to analyze why this happens, much less actually change your ways.

Well let's see, dude hates LGBTQ, gets a gun and goes and shoots up a gar bar.

Why it's happening? The reason? Yea... Sure Daesh claimed responsibility, I was not surprised... Those types always do... Even when they did not orchestrate the event.

MSS-Dave

Seriously? Do I really need to start a thread about how to stay safe? There are many things we can do to defend against (likely jihadist) mass murders.

]

Sure, start that thread. Somewhere else. Not the place or the site to do it unless there is a sub-forum for "What I Think is Right."

These things happen for a reason, yes you are right. #1, the *******s that perpetrate this stuff are mental cases or religious "zealots, jihadists, Ultra right wing" (same thing), however you choose to identify them. #2 These defective humans were able to procure weapons to kill people in hatred, not self defense. I am NOT anti-gun or even anti-assault gun so don't even go there. I choose not to go any farther into religious stereo-typing and MY opinion of "What I Think is Right".

Funny you use the term "drones". So, you are NOT a drone. Everybody else is. Congratulations. Jim Rome has been using that drone term for years so It's kind of old now.

You people who have been spoon-fed everything from a scanner for years via Broadcastify or RR or whatever it was before that are the FIRST to rail up in arms when there is an interruption of some sort, whether it's a feed provider, a database issue, a ISP issue or, God Forbid, Lindsay himself remoted into the server and deleted selected feeds at selected times Just Because. Really?

Tragedy breeds Stupidity in some of these threads.

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
Just because they are all on the same system and can access talkgroups doesn't mean they have good interop, as alluded to in this signature:

Interoperatablity is not a technology it is an attitude!!!

It is my understanding that the shooter was previously investigated for ties to Islamic extremism.

Drone away.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
It is my understanding that the shooter was previously investigated for ties to Islamic extremism.

So because he was previously investigated means squat if he was not charged, tried and convicted. All that is is Fox News/MSNBC/CNN hysteria fodder.

Drone away.

Seems like you are just towing the right wing, Fox News drivel. You know, if their name starts with Omar, Khalid or any other middle eastern sounding name... It automatically gets labeled as jihadi, or terrorist. I believe this scum bag was a US born citizen, making him home grown... Kinda like the unibomber or the OKC federal building bomber or the many many school shooters the US has been victims of...

james32746

Premium Subscriber
At least OPD is simulcasting its Emergency East (on Metro 2) and Emergency Downtown (on Metro 7) in the clear. Metro 7 is also being rebroadcast on SLERS (but encrypted as usual).

KC4RAF

Davenport,Fl.- home to me and the gators and the s
kayn1n32008, don't feed the troll.

I suspect that he's about 10, maybe 11 years old trying to get 15 minutes of fame from a tragedy that happened to so many people. Most kids that age really try to act and sound adult by second guessing the PD and FD and place blame on them. Prayers to all those victims and families. Heart breaking...

Status
Not open for further replies.