Shooting / Chase - Houston Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpfinlay

Feed Provider
There was a high speed (100+ mph) chase of a shooting suspect back and forth on US59 between Sugarland and Houston. Fort Bend Patrol 3 units provided the best description over the air.

The suspect was shooting at law enforcement in pursuit. At least one officer's cars were hit, but the officer was not injured. Some officer's ran out of gas and had to drop out.

The suspect ran through spike strips a few times and deputies obtained permission to shoot at the tires. Apparently one of the two methods were able able cause a tire to lose pressure and the truck wrecked near Hwy 6.

The suspect then shot himself in the head.

The above is my understanding based on what I heard on the scanner. I will post news stories once available. The news media was aware of the chase and made the scene once it ended. The entire chase was well over 30 minutes and maybe even an hour.

Attached are the traffic camera images from Transtar at the end of the incident.

Attachments

• Chase.JPG
    Chase.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 302

cpfinlay

Feed Provider
From the Fort Bend Sheriff's Facebook Page: (edited by me)

Driver kills himself after leading multiple agencies in a chase

A chase that began at about 9:45 a.m. Sunday and continued until about 11:45 a.m. concluded when the subject stopped on U.S. 59 and shot himself.

At about 9:45 a.m. Sunday, Jan. 18, 2015, Fort Bend County Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to a call in the Houston area of Fort Bend County concerning shots being fired into a home.

The caller told the Sheriff’s Office she knew the subject who was firing into her home. When law enforcement personnel arrived, a chase ensued with personnel from Fort Bend County Sheriff’s Office, Houston Police Department, Stafford Police Department, Sugar Land Police Department and Toll Road law enforcement units being involved in the incident.

The pickup truck had a flat tire on U.S. 59 andcrashed in the 16500 block of U.S. 59. It has not been determined if the driver shot himself and crashed or shot himself after the crash. Throughout the chase, he continued firing at law enforcement personnel who were chasing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.