Shooting: IMPD Northwest District

Status
Not open for further replies.

W9NES

IMPD Northwest District is on the scene on Kenwood Ave. on a shooting.Person on the scene is dead 10-0. IMPD Has a Command set up and IMPD Investigations is calling for a coroner at the scene. Radio Traffic is on IDPS Talkgroup 10103 MET-NW 1. Sunday 2-12-2012 8:50PM Updated at 10:04PM Person was found in a car and shots were heard in the area.

Last edited:

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
Yes - Another day in Dodge City Indiana.

Anymore "Breaking News" would be if there was NOT any shootings in Indy,,,,

Hey, be happy! The manholes have stopped exploding! Things are looking up in Indy :D

(Sorry, you sounded a little to serious, and I thought you could use a chuckle)

K9WG

I can laugh at it as I am 20 miles from all the action. Our motto here in Greenfield is: "Greenfield, where crime is low and cops are board. Don't speed ;) "

Otherwise known to those in Indy as "Handcuff County" (Greenfield is in Hancock County for those of you who are out of state)

W9NES

Hancock County and Greenfield also has crime.Shootings,accidents on I-70 from the 96 Milemarker to the 109 Milemarker on east to the Henry County Line and Drug Bust.A lot of the activity moves east from Metro Indianapolis/Marion County

K9WG

Hancock County and Greenfield also has crime.Shootings,accidents on I-70 from the 96 Milemarker to the 109 Milemarker on east to the Henry County Line and Drug Bust.A lot of the activity moves east from Metro Indianapolis/Marion County
Well let's see. I have been in Greenfield three years now and I have not heard of anyone being shot (not that it hasn't happened, I just have not heard of it.) Haven't heard of anyone being killed. Let's see.... Looking through the Greenfield police runs for the last few years I don't see any for homicide. Hmm...

Oh, I did hear a police run for "two boys in an alley smoking and cussing"...

Edited to add:

FBI Crime Report for Greenfield Indiana

Population 19,972

Year 2010
Violent crime 15
Murder and non-negligent manslaughter 0
Forcible rape 1
Robbery 4
Aggravated assault 10

Year 2009
Violent crime 17
Forcible rape 5
Robbery 3
Aggravated assault 9

Year 2008
Violent crime 12
Forcible rape 2
Robbery 6
Aggravated assault 4

Do you want to see the ones for Indianapolis?

Last edited:

W9NES

K9WG , Aggraved assults(13) Break ins(180) Forceable Rapes in County/City (6) Larceny/Theft(521) Motor Vechicle Theft County and City(37) ***Murder (1) Robberies County and City(7) Total Property Crimes (738) Violent Crimes (27) .Hancock County and Greenfield do have crime for the 2011 year. As posted for 2011 you do have crime and you have had (1) Murder in your area. population in 2011( 65,050 people). Persons per square mile( 212.5) *Source:Hancock County Criminal Records database for 2011*

Last edited:

K9WG

You obviously can not read or you just don't understand. I said GFREENFIELD has very low crime. When Indianapolis spills into the border cities (Cumberland, Lawrence/Oaklandon, east 38th street) yes you are going to skew the numbers. I have minimum 11 miles of corn fields between me and the cesspool of Indy crime. Can murder etc happen in GREENFIELD? Yes, but I assure you it WILL be breaking news.

W9NES

Yes I do understand and what I posted was for 2011.The infomation that was posted did include both Greenfield and Hancock County as I did indicate this for both City and County. Greenfield is in Hancock County.

Status
Not open for further replies.