Shooting near WI-MI Border

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
Is that what i was hearing some chatter on Lincoln county Sherriff about last night? Heard two units call out that they were headed to Marennette County emergent, and that they were in "radio slience" on the local channel up that way. Am i right, or is this something else entirely? Just curious. N9NRA

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
Just outta curiousity, is this "radio slience" thing something that happens often? I`ve heard of "closing" a channel (it happens a lot on PD channels, and we do it from time to time on our Skywarn freqs too). I find that rather intresting. Thanx. N9NRA

niagara16

As for radio silence for this incident there was none. Most of the opertions took place on wispern. Radio communication was a mess. There was no radio interpole between WI agencies and MI agncies. After having a meeting with Dickinson cnty sheriff; they have developed a SOP for this by interconnecting there 800 system to their old VHF freq.

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
shotting near WI/MI border

As for radio silence for this incident there was none. Most of the opertions took place on wispern. Radio communication was a mess. There was no radio interpole between WI agencies and MI agncies. After having a meeting with Dickinson cnty sheriff; they have developed a SOP for this by interconnecting there 800 system to their old VHF freq.

Okay, then what they meant was that they had just "closed" the channels up there to routine traffic. Given what ya said though, i bet it was a REALLY BIG mess...makes me wish i was up there to hear it (just a tad). N9NRA

Status
Not open for further replies.