Shoreham Block Island DMR CCs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

techynyc

In RR FQ table, none of the Control Channels are marked Red or Blue to indicate primary or secondary.
Anyone have info on what C FQs should be programmed into a DMR capable radio to listen in on Shoreham?

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
Good question cause I am thinking of getting the DMR upgrade for my BCD996P2. I know using my SDR set up, the program will FIND the control channel so it doesn't need to be specifically set. But thats SDR. I am clueless how to deal with DMR in a regular radio. I live too far away from the south coast to hear Shoreham, but there is a very busy commercial 900mhz DMR repeater a few miles from here. I'd like the upgrade in case DMR in the future gets a little more interesting. But I am not too motivated to spend $60 for the upgrade only to hear ambulances and garbage trucks.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
It's a Cap Plus system.
You need to program in all the frequencies and LCN in the radio.

It isn't like a Motorola P25 type system where you program in just the control channel and the scanner finds the frequencies.

cmpsa

I have a Uniden BCD996P2 programming question:

I had the freqs in my scanner in conventional mode w/ color code & I can hear traffic every now & then. I now want to program in this trunk system. I use Butel ARC-XT Pro software.

System Type: Do I use the "Mototola", "MotoTRBO" or "DMR" setting ?
Trunk ID Mode: Search (to search & listen to all talk groups)
Trunk Freqs: 153.7625 LCN 1 CC3, 154.0475 LCN2 CC4, 155.2575 LCN3 CC5, 155.6625 LCN4 CC6, 131.310 LCN5 CC7
and I programmed in talk groups 20, 40, 70.

My issue is it's not trunk tracking. I have another scanner on conventional mode, which is hearing traffic, but Not the trunking programmed one. Should I be using another system type (i.e. for TRBO Capacity +) ?

thank you in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.