SHOTS FIRED at Riverside CHP Officer

Status
Not open for further replies.

YFZBOB

Whoa, SHOTS FIRED at CHP Officer in Riverside. Man with Semi-Auto. CHP heard "He's Not afraid to shoot at me! Get me backup! Searching for him right now...

brandon

Database Admin
Any update on this? Has the suspect been detained?
I hope the officer is OK.... that must have been a scary thing to hear.

YFZBOB

It was...
Call started out as a routine stop. (Woman CHP Officer) Suspect failed to stop, and then she calls in "Pursuit in progress, Suspect pulled off the freeway and into a mall parking lot". Then "SHOTS FIRED" I could hear Pop,Pop,Pop in the background. She's taking cover and calling for Backup. "Suspect out of his vehicle with a Semi-automatic, like the ones we carry and ran behind building". Scanner just went wild with several CHP units reporting “Coming in from all direction”. Woman CHP Officer is reporting “Suspect is getting back into his vehicle pointing his gun at me”. Not sure if suspect shot at the CHP. CHP Officer distressed at this point. Not returning any calls to her. Then she finally calls in… Mumbled words and that was the last I heard from the Woman CHP. Few minutes later, CHP Dispatch reported that Riverside PD, Riverside Sheriff Dept. in pursuit of the suspect, southbound 215, and then east on 60. Suspect failed to pullover once again. CHP then reported that the suspect got off at Pigeon Pass, and was heading west on 60, where the chase ended just west of Day Street. Suspect in custody. Now they have the freeway shut down, looking for the rifle or gun. Could be up to 6 hours… I hope the CHP Officer is ok too. Brave Person!!!

Last edited:

YFZBOB

The Press Enterprise, Local Section B2b. There's a photo of the CHP Unit with bullet holes in the winshield. From the article, CHP Officer returned fire 9 times, continued with the chase until her became disabled due to a bullet hole in her unit's radiator. CHP reported, the officer involved was ok.

1979lee

i'm in bakersfield , ca and the tan 42.420 chp had laso or chp air 40 on there channel,
the chase could not go to the blue 42.340 because of a diplomatic protection detail , good too here the the chp office is code 4

Status
Not open for further replies.