Should be some good EAM's tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

TONYNYPD

With Kim Jun-Number Un making all his empty threats, should have some good EAM's tonight. Last time he made threat's during the joint S Korea Ops, I monitored some interesting EAM's on Global HF.

Everyone knows it's nonsense, but the U.S. Armed Forces will at least have a slightly heighten level of security.

T

fleef

Kristin Cavazos Phoenix Arizona
Premium Subscriber
EAMs meaningless I think

Does EAM's stand for "Emergency Action Messages" ?

Yes. Milaircomms.com has a great reference to look at regarding what those are. I'm always hearing EAMs, and I haven't ever seen a correspondence to how many/when I hear them and actual reported incidents. Who knows, you know? Sometimes these EAMs come in bunches, and nothing on the news nor do I hear about any ships going into the Gulf of Crapistan or anyplace else. Don't hear any EAMs, and we're in Libya or something.

n1kgh

I heard an EAM on 6739 last night, but could not tell who sent it. I haven't heard much mil stuff for quite some time til now. I'm listening from Eastern MA with a Fun Cube Dongle Pro plus and a cheap active antenna.

karldotcom

I have only heard faint ones the past three days.....I also couldn't identify the station of one I heard on the lower bands two nights ago. I think they laid off the regular schedule to tone down North Korea's paranoia level.

SCPD

QRT
Nites moniter 4724, 6712, 6739, 8992 usb. Days 11175, 13927 usb. Back up, 13200, 15016 usb.

SCPD

QRT
The only thing I have noticed is that today the EAMs started with 4V**** and not a letter then a number like M6****. What do you notice?

marty111

I am hearing EAM'S every 20 - 30 mins on 8993khz USB (andrews?) Not sure if this is to do with the escalating tensions with N'Korea or to do with the drills they are conducting with the south?

Token

I am hearing EAM'S every 20 - 30 mins on 8993khz USB (andrews?) Not sure if this is to do with the escalating tensions with N'Korea or to do with the drills they are conducting with the south?

8992 kHz, not 8993 kHz. EAMs for the most part seem to be coming from Offutt today. But the rate is about normal, 2 to 3 an hour is common. SkyKings seem a litttle less frequent than normal.

T!

Spankymedic7

Question for anyone... How "powerful" are EAMs? And from where are they transmitted? I live in southeastern WI and am curious as to how easy it would be for me to receive them.

marty111

You will be able to receive them (through out most of the world) with even the most basic SW radio simply tune to 8992khz and every half an hour or so you will hear a series of numbers and letters (read in real time) these form the message which is decoded using a sheet.

Most of the EAM'S seem to be broadcast from ether 1. The Andrews Air Force Base or 2. The Offutt air force base.

here is an interesting link which details all the frequencies and locations:
Military Comms Monitoring. HF VHF UHF

Michael-SATX

Has anybody ever received anything on this freq I have programmed:
USAF EAM Message 323.8000 AM

Also, I have these in my Mil-Air Scanlist in case they ever have traffic in SATX.
USAF ACM Air Dsc 375.8250 AM (Does ACM stand for Air Command?)
USAF ACM A2A UHF 235.9500 AM
USAF ACM Dragnet 329.4000 AM (What is meant by this ACM Dragnet?)
NORAD AICC AWACS 364.2000 AM
NORAD Common Tac 271.0000 AM

SCPD

QRT

Rick1959

Premium Subscriber
Since things heated up last week, EAM formats have remained static. 6 count preamble followed by 30 characters xmitted by MAC, Offutt or Andy. Few Sky King formatted EAM's monitored. I have not monitored any airbourne EAM's on the old Nightwatch freqs for 4-5 weeks, could be missing them.

SCPD

QRT
Nothing new today so far. Only one thing out of the norm was Offutt calling McClellan around 1340z. Very decreased amount of activity. Puerto Rico with a test count twice at 1342 (Full 5 count with normal signal). Slightly weaker signal during the one EAM I did hear from Offutt. Still 4V**** (30 characters) EAM format. No skyking messages.

mkewman

Hearing some foreign language on 8776, sounds automated. Lovely female voice. Perhaps spanish or italian?

On 11175 Heard several 30 char. messages from Yokota (japan). thought it was Dakota at first, but it's Yakota.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.