Should be some good EAM's tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Yokota Giving EAMs on the 5's. (Back to back) RQ**** 30 character format EAMs and 4V**** 30 character format EAMs.

emd001

Just heard something short with a 2 character authentication but the echo was so bad I couldn't make out any of the characters.

edit: i feel like an idiot. Echo was so bad because I had two streams going, on on 8992 and 11175 and it was the same message coming across both at the same time.

Last edited:

mkewman

I heard that also, but only Offut side of the comms.

I recommend the Mojave Desert, CA or Hong Kong tuners on GlobalTuners. ABOUTSHIP was faint, in/out but I could understand about 40% of what they said on the Mojave tuner.

I don't want to sound mean, but Yokota's operator was having all kinds of trouble getting the right charactors out there. almost every message had to be corrected at least once (I heard one where she had to correct 2 or 3 times!) and she sounded quite flustered. must've been her first time. I almost felt bad for her the last time, she took a BIG breath before correcting. Must be all kinds of crazy over there.

Last edited:

pathalogical

A bit OT but, for anyone following numbers stations, has there been any noticeable changes in types of messages or unusual times of broadcast ?

NYG

Just heard one come across at 4:09 Eastern on 11175. I just tuned in about 10 minutes before that.

Either I got lucky or they are busy...

mkewman

Just heard computerized voice on 11175 "Alert Alert Weapon Release Authorization Code"

Preceded and followed by what sounded like some sort of phaser/laser type sound... or at least i thought i did... i could be going insane. but that was WEIRD.

Last edited:

Utah_Viper

Ok, Im in Michigan and having trouble picking up anything. I just have a small Raadioshack am/fm/sw radio. I have been listening to 11.175mHz (the radio don't display as kHz) and have not heard anything. At night I tried to program 8.992mHz but it wont input the 2 so its just 8.99. Any advice or link to a online stream that is broadcasting any of these?

emd001

Ok, Im in Michigan and having trouble picking up anything. I just have a small Raadioshack am/fm/sw radio. I have been listening to 11.175mHz (the radio don't display as kHz) and have not heard anything. At night I tried to program 8.992mHz but it wont input the 2 so its just 8.99. Any advice or link to a online stream that is broadcasting any of these?

I go to websdr.org and the top link goes to a radio in the Netherlands that can tune the frequencies.

Also for advice you have to make sure the radio can do upper side band to receive these signals. I can't wait for my hf rig to come in so I can pick this up from the airwaves instead of the Internet

Posted from my phone

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.