Should be some good EAM's tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spankymedic7

Thank you Marty

You will be able to receive them (through out most of the world) with even the most basic SW radio simply tune to 8992khz and every half an hour or so you will hear a series of numbers and letters (read in real time) these form the message which is decoded using a sheet.

Most of the EAM'S seem to be broadcast from ether 1. The Andrews Air Force Base or 2. The Offutt air force base.

here is an interesting link which details all the frequencies and locations:
Military Comms Monitoring. HF VHF UHF

Thanks Marty. I have a Yaesu FT-817, I'll have to tune in some of the frequencies that you and some others have mentioned. Are there any other ones that may be interesting (that I'd be able to listen to from my QTH)?

Token

they are now passing 60-140 letter EAM's??? Anyone ever hear anything like this

Yes, I have several recordings of EAMs over 200 characters long. The longest I have in the log was 302 characters. In general I do not listen to EAMs, I only catch them in passing, they really are not an indicator of world events. However, other traffic on the HF-GCS can be interesting to track and correlate to forces and World happenings.

T!

metal57

Today I'm going to monitor the TACAMO Freq's and see if they're as active. They should be transmitting EAM over there as well.

T

Did you manage to catch the TACAMO ? Usually hear these from the UK. A couple over the last few days have been.

4/4/13 22:40Z and 23:10Z on 6697/8776/11244/13155. ABDUCTION with 4VGBDG [30 characters].
7/4/13 22:40Z and 23:10Z on 6697/8776/11244. BLUESTONE with 4V7KPL [30 characters]

TONYNYPD

You know I got sidetracked, But i'm gonna give a listen tonight. I cant imagine that those freq will be quite with all these wild EAMS we've been hearing. It's like back in the day with the frequency of EAM's and the booming power.

T

SCPD

QRT
EAM's or FDM'S ? Both are coded messages, done intentionally. FDM's,are Force Direction Messages, predetermined OP-Plan Exercises. EAM's are specifically reserved and used for "Real Time Action", these coded messaages change constantly, self explanatory, for those who defend our Country.

n0rc

Feed Provider
To be honest, I can't tell the difference between the types. It's coded, and the people reading these sound like they're getting real sick of them. It's nice to see there are still humans in control somewhere.

Darth_vader

11175 USB's been particularly active today. Monitoring locally on the Yacht Boy and via the Saint-Jean-sur-Richielu, QC node on Global Tuners.

And yeah, the lady I'm hearing on the GT node sounds like she's been at it for too long, from all the corrections she's been making!

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Funny quote from the classic movie "A Christmas Story"

Also is it possible to get EAM's on MilAir freqs? Or are they just in the shortwave bands?

Yes. Try 311.000. there are more as well.

Also, McClellan gave a message of 39 characters followed by a message of 114 characters at 1730z. A lot of long messages today. Odd to me to here McClellan again, its been awhile.

Tomorrow is the big day. Tune in tomorrow for sure.

Oh yeah BTW weird tone heard on 11175 at 1300z. not the first time hearing it though, Phone off the hook, and an aircraft calling for a selcall (Lol)

KB1UAM

Now Japan is getting antsy deploying several patriot interceptors in Tokyo!!! Lets hope the idiot up north doesn't try anything stupid!!! Or they will be wiped of the glass map with Windex ;)

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
Oh yeah BTW weird tone heard on 11175 at 1300z. not the first time hearing it though, Phone off the hook, and an aircraft calling for a selcall (Lol)
I once heard the standard phone operator recording "Your call cannot be completed as dialed" on 11175.

KB1UAM

Don't mean to go off topic but I have a quick question. Does either side of conflict have to declare war or can an attack come at any moment? Just curious...

Darth_vader

"I once heard the standard phone operator recording 'Your call cannot be completed as dialed' on 11175."

I'm actually hearing what sounds like a reorder ("fast busy") signal on 11179 LSB via the Phoenix GT node right now. Does this mean there are still shortwave-based radiotelephone services operating? I'd have thought that with satellites and modern dataphone networks, those would have all gone the way of Ma Bell by now!

Audio sample: http://mistman.pdp10.org/pub/radio/11179lsb_0327gmt_20130409_gt-phoenix.zip

Last edited:

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
KB1UAM: NK and SK technically never ended their state of war from the Korean War in the 1950s.

I am hearing rumors on another forum that the DMZ is being evacuated at this moment and some unconfirmed reports of some Spanish comms/numbers and digital transmissions on the slot normally held by Voice of Korea. I have a shortwave radio but it's useless from my location (just east of the Rockies, roughly N51 x W114) so I can't hear anything going on, but perhaps some of you can.

EDIT: I'll be damned ... I can pick up some faint voice on 11175. Never had any luck here before.

Last edited:

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
From another forum, a NOTAM that was just posted for Kadena Air Base in Okinawa, Japan;

M0503/13 NOTAMN
Q) /QXXXX
A) RODN
B) 201304100135
C) 201304130135
E) ALL VFR AIRCRAFT ARE REQUESTED TO AVOID FLYING IN THE
BELOW-EXPLAINED AIRSPACE TO THE EXTENT POSSIBLE DUE TO THE
POSSIBILITY OF DANGER FROM INTERCEPTOR MISSILES LAUNCHED TO DESTROY
INCOMING NORTH KOREAN MISSILIES OR MISSILE FRAGMENTS. AIRSPACE:
WITHIN A 16-NM (30-KM) RADIUS CENTERED ON KADENA TACAN (KAD) 262223N
1274732E.
REMARKS/EXCEPTIONS: