HP-1: Should I avoid certain "sites"(HomePatrol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoungMeezy

Hello all, I just purchased the HomePatrol, and I setup some favorite lists. I set all sites not in my area to avoid. Was this the right thing to do, or should i just change the range setting? It seemed like it took forever to scan when all sites were enabled.

Thanks

Meezy

trunker

Hello all, I just purchased the HomePatrol, and I setup some favorite lists. I set all sites not in my area to avoid. Was this the right thing to do, or should i just change the range setting? It seemed like it took forever to scan when all sites were enabled.

Thanks

Meezy

That will work but if use 'Location Control' the scanner will do that automatically. And, the range settings won't work without Location Control set to On either. Remember, the real scan range is the location range setting plus the programmed site/department range.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Even using range settings of zero I still get sites that are impossible to receive (too far away, weak signal, etc.)

For me - and you may need different. I set my most used favorite to have 1 site. It will take about 2 seconds per site so more will slow it down.

On my statewide comms. There are 3 that I can receive, but I can get 95% or more of all relevant traffic on 1 site.

I do have the fortune of having 3 available scanners and can vary as needed.

Personally I'd never try to scan more than about 3 sites.

What I do is delete all that are way out of the area, leave 3 and lock out 2.

I also have several (20+) favorites that I can activate as / if needed.

Mobile is a whole different ball game. GPS and a statewide favorite or the entire database.

Thanks

Meezy

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
thanks for the replies, I wish the owners manual was better:( it doesnt even mention location control. What does that setting do and how do i get to it?

There are quite a few places in the owner's manual that describe location control:

Page 4, under the heading of "How does the Home Patrol 1 work?"

Page 5 under "Use GPS Input"

Page 9 in the "Radio Control Bar" under the "Range Setting"

Page 11 under "Selecting Channels to Monitor"

Page 12 under "Change Location" and "Set Range"

Page 13 under "Customizing Your Monitoring Experience"

Page 23 under "Using HomePatrol‐1 with an Accessory GPS Receiver"

Page 24 under "Manage Profiles"

Also, be sure to read this:

www.homepatrol.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=17:how-it-works-location-location-location&catid=5:homepatrol-1&Itemid=12

And the link to the owner's manual:

info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/HomePatrol/WebHome/HomePatrol_OM_V2.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.