Should I buy the Pro-92?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moocow111

First I have to say I've never owned a radio scanner and want to pick it up as a hobby. So will the Pro-82 be a good choice for a beginner? If not recommend me another one.

EDIT: I meant pro-82

Last edited:

trixwagen

And I just wrote a detailed review of the Pro-92. Delete. Delete. Delete.

Pro-82?

For me. No.

It doesn't trunk.

There are no alpha tags. It is just more satisfying and less confusing seeing "Police Dispatch" on the display rather than just 160.3750 MHz or whatever.

Sloooow scan rate.

No milair. Deal breaker for me.

200 channels? Not much. But then there's a lot this scanner can't hear.

You could probably get a used Pro-97 for under $100. That would be my minimum requirement. Once you get a hang of how to program and use the scanner, you will become aware of what the Pro-82 CAN NOT do.

The Pro-82 is like a 15 year old scanner being sold as new. It's like buying a cassette player instead of an Ipod. Hey, if that's how you roll, it's up to you.

moocow111

And I just wrote a detailed review of the Pro-92. Delete. Delete. Delete.

Pro-82?

For me. No.

It doesn't trunk.

There are no alpha tags. It is just more satisfying and less confusing seeing "Police Dispatch" on the display rather than just 160.3750 MHz or whatever.

Sloooow scan rate.

No milair. Deal breaker for me.

200 channels? Not much. But then there's a lot this scanner can't hear.

You could probably get a used Pro-97 for under $100. That would be my minimum requirement. Once you get a hang of how to program and use the scanner, you will become aware of what the Pro-82 CAN NOT do.

The Pro-82 is like a 15 year old scanner being sold as new. It's like buying a cassette player instead of an Ipod. Hey, if that's how you roll, it's up to you.

Will the pro-97 pickup digital frequencies?

brent30

For digital I would go with a pro 96, or pro 2096. There are other kinds, but these are the ones i prefer. Digital dosent come with a small price tag, if your lucky you can find a used one for 250-300.

Status
Not open for further replies.