Should I even consider a used 9000xlt given what else is out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AI6VX

I used to be into this many moons ago. Still have my Pro-2004, Pro-2026 and a BC205xlt. My local PD is still analog (I think - I can still hear them), as is ambulance and fire (zip code 93004)

Getting back into this and I read the 9000xlt is a great analog receiver but then I see the BCT15x has more channels, faster (?) scanning, computer programming, same freq coverage, and I can buy it new for a little more than the 9000xlt.

Given what's out there today, should I get a 9000xlt? Is the BCT15x just as good sensitivity wise?
Or should I get something more future proof to listen to the stuff I don't even know I'm missing out on?

TIA,
Dave

eaf1956

Feed Provider
I used to be into this many moons ago. Still have my Pro-2004, Pro-2026 and a BC205xlt. My local PD is still analog (I think - I can still hear them), as is ambulance and fire (zip code 93004)

Getting back into this and I read the 9000xlt is a great analog receiver but then I see the BCT15x has more channels, faster (?) scanning, computer programming, same freq coverage, and I can buy it new for a little more than the 9000xlt.

Given what's out there today, should I get a 9000xlt? Is the BCT15x just as good sensitivity wise?
Or should I get something more future proof to listen to the stuff I don't even know I'm missing out on?

TIA,
Dave

Good Lord I had a 9000XLT years ago, it was A great scanner for it's day but I wouldn't get one today. I'd go with a Digital just for future if they haven't gone already. Say a BCD 996P2 if you like the 15X style. Or if you want to stick with older scanners a BCD 996XT.

AI6VX

Good Lord I had a 9000XLT years ago, it was A great scanner for it's day but I wouldn't get one today. I'd go with a Digital just for future if they haven't gone already. Say a BCD 996P2 if you like the 15X style. Or if you want to stick with older scanners a BCD 996XT.

Bought a BCD325P2 today, Amazon had a warehouse deal one for $239. Figure it will give me some digital capability and also can take it back and forth to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.