Should i or not ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharoknivesloudguns

Premium Subscriber
Reading through the manual for my pro-106. Should i delete the freqs. someone else has entered into my scanner ?? i think that i read that you can do this and my v-scanner freqs. would remain installed. Or whenever my order from the Shack comes with my interface cable, should i be able to program "my" freqs and they will overide and erase whats programmed. ....... ???? Thanks again for the info once again everyone.

Bubba1661

WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Hey Welcome to RR, First of all did You buy a cable also? The Pro-106 doesn't come with a cable. Oh sorry I see You've been here a while too!
When You program with software it will delete all the old stuff that's in it. If You need any help I have WIN500 and I could send you a file or anything I can do.

Last edited:

ST-Bob

Database Admin
IMHO, it's always a good idea to start fresh by restoring the scanner to factory defaults. Also, IMNSHO, V-Folders are a marketing gimmick and will by definition be out of date and may not be very helpful. They don't detract in any way from the scanner's memory or anything - I just think hey're useless fluff the manufacturer put there as a marketing tool

If you want the latest, most accurate frequencies, trunked systems, talkgroups etc. ten use a programming package which interfaces with RadioReference's database and a programming cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.