Should i upgrade to a Home Patrol 2 from a 1 just using it for Kalkaska and Antrim County Fire feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMarderosian

Feed Provider
I broadcast the Antrim/Kalkaska Fire feed just wanted some info if it is worth it for me to upgrade from a Home Patrol 1 to a HP 2 the MPCS is only used in Kalkaska County Antrim Fire is still analog

depster00

HP1 should suffice for all that you need. The only difference that I am seeing is the memory size is greater on the HP2 and it also supports P25 Phase II (which is currently only planned to be used soon in the Oakland County area).

MattMarderosian

Feed Provider
Thank You all i am just not up to date on scanners anymore since i was a Firefighter for 19 years i always had a Radio and it had multi counties on it so i never needed a scanner lol

MattMarderosian

Feed Provider
I will say the HP1 that i am using for the feed works perfect for doing a feed i have the volume on full and only set the mic on the computer to 30 and it is the perfect volume

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Unless you did and most dont, your database in that unit will likely be easily many years out of date.

From the main screen on the Home Patrol, select MENU --> ADVANCED MENU --> scroll down arrow --> VERSION INFORMATION

On a windows computer, connect the radio to the usb port of the computer and run sentinel.
Software HomePatrolSentinel < HomePatrol < TWiki

nvanw27

River Central, TVC
Antrim has started moving over to some MPSCS operations. Select comms I can no longer hear, and it sounds like the Dispatch Center got new radios with a very loud Kenwood PTT Sidetone recently as well.

MattMarderosian

Feed Provider
Antrim has started moving over to some MPSCS operations. Select comms I can no longer hear, and it sounds like the Dispatch Center got new radios with a very loud Kenwood PTT Sidetone recently as well.
I know Law is on MPSCS and the other day there was a large house fire and the FD said they were switching to the Narrowband FG ch

Status
Not open for further replies.