• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Should SDS200 be able to pick up CTCSS/DCS coded transmission?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg43545

I have programmed GMRS and FRS freqs. into my SDS200.

Last night, I was practicing on GXT1000s setting up a ' Privacy Code ' using both CTCSS and DCS codes.

After I set one up with a code and left the other without, I transmitted a test, and the one without the code was not able to receive the transmission. I then set the second one up with the code and both were able to receive each other's transmission.

For ' $hits & giggles ' I turned on my SDS200 and activated the GMRS and FRS favorite lists.

When I transmitted with both CTCSS and DCS codes the 200 received the broadcasts of my test messages.

Had the 1000's not responded properly when the codes were set I would have thought maybe I had done something incorrectly, but it appears not to be the case.

Are the SDS200's supposed to be able to do this even though the CTCSS and/or DCS codes have been applied?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
You might get better responses in the Uniden forum rather than the GMRS forum. Just click on report in the lower left and ask for it to be moved.

Are the SDS200's supposed to be able to do this even though the CTCSS and/or DCS codes have been applied?
Yes. The codes are used to exclude radios with a different code on the same frequency.

The SDS is picking it up because no code is entered.

If you entered a code other than the one used by the radios, you wouldn't hear the transmitting radio.

Greg43545

Yes. The codes are used to exclude radios with a different code on the same frequency.

The SDS is picking it up because no code is entered.

If you entered a code other than the one used by the radios, you wouldn't hear the transmitting radio.

So, in other words, the Privacy Code is NOT to keep others from hearing MY transmission, it is to keep ME from hearing OTHER radio's transmissions?

the Privacy Code is NOT to keep others from hearing MY transmission, it is to keep ME from hearing OTHER radio's transmissions?
It's to allow users with the same code to hear each other.

There's an excellent example of how it's used in the link I posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.