Should USFS and BLM channels be listed differently in RRDB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paysonscanner

" Are you saying you would like to break the federal listings down into the county pages? "

no no no no no ............ no

I am trying to find deft way to link the county layout and the fed info together.

Good! I've received messages from some people that they want everything in the county listings and to get rid of the state and wide area listings. I'm glad you don't agree! That limited linking idea is beyond me and my puny computer skills.

ecps92

my final comments, as it seems folks want to complain, rather than be a source of better info into the resources and post in the forums only.

Nothing his hidden, The Wiki is off the main menu of RR and it is labeled as "WIKI" not Collaboration, but that is what a WIKI is, it is collaboration from multiple users.

Wiki Home - Nice Work by those here at RR - Amazing resource

BTW, just like a library the wiki has a Search feature...
just type in anything, like hhmmm USFS

WoW - look at all those pages that contain the letters of USFS

You are what you make of your resources, or fail to use.

BTW you use HTML every day

Some use of computers is simple to some, but not to others. To call the Wiki simple does not agree with what I experience. If it is so simple why is the data hidden under a tab called "collaboration" on the main page? Like I mentioned before I could not find the main listings because collaboration is not a title for data listings, it is a list of people who helped develop the page, similar to the contributors page of a scientific paper or a non fiction book. Because of that perspective, I didn't find the main listings for a year after I joined here. The situation continues to get worse as I continue into the Wiki site. It's hard for me to understand the logic behind many features of this site, but as a retired nurse, we struggled with applications written by IT folks, who didn't understand the nitty/gritty of patient care. I'm used to it, but I just don't have the time to work with the Wiki application. Members here are not all electronic and IT techs and are challenged by many of the website's features.

BTW, I don't know what "html" is and don't need to.

Paysonscanner

my final comments, as it seems folks want to complain, rather than be a source of better info into the resources and post in the forums only.

Nothing his hidden, The Wiki is off the main menu of RR and it is labeled as "WIKI" not Collaboration, but that is what a WIKI is, it is collaboration from multiple users.

Wiki Home - Nice Work by those here at RR - Amazing resource

BTW, just like a library the wiki has a Search feature...
just type in anything, like hhmmm USFS

WoW - look at all those pages that contain the letters of USFS

You are what you make of your resources, or fail to use.

BTW you use HTML every day

I will make one comment, you justified the use of the term "collaboration" that appears on the Wiki main page menu. In your mind calling it that is justified. The trouble is, whether it is technically correct to the people who maintain this site or not, it does not communicate to the rest of us, or at least a good number of people I have PM'ed with on this site. Late Hubby contacted a good number of people back 2000-2009 about a number of issues, this being one of them. As for "HTML" I don't have to type commands using symbols for anything I write, the Wiki is the only place I run into this.

Finally, I'm not complaining, I'm offering some constructive criticism. If a entity of any type can't accept suggestions and the perspective of its customers, public, etc., then it can't improve. Unfortunately when many people do this a "circle the wagons" reaction seem to follow. I'm passing along the comments of about 6-8 people here.

Status
Not open for further replies.