Show us your Oldest and Newest

Status
Not open for further replies.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Here's my oldest and newest. Realistic Monitoradio/ Scanner and the newest IPad Mini4 using the Siren App! The feeder scanner is a BCD536HP in my house on Wifi.

Last edited:

n4yek

guns-replaced-thumbs-up-20.jpg

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Correction

Regency not Realistic. Ya ever have one of those moments when you're thinking one thing and typing another?

BlackSheepDue

I'd like to know more about the app you use for the ipad

It's the siren app which allows you to remotely control a bcd536hp either by having it create it's own wifi network or by having it connect to your home wifi. You can hold on channels, systems, etc., adjust the squelch and many other standard features. It comes free from uniden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Oldest and newest

Seems like you could buy a decent portable scanner for close to the price of the tablet. Carrying my scanner in a belt case is lots easier than lugging around a tablet,

DJ11DLN

Oldest would have been a Midland (IIRC) AM/FM/Police Band tunable. 5 bands I believe, with VHF-Lo chopped into two and VHF-Hi in one chunk...no UHF. Which since there was nothing using it here at the time didn't matter. It died when Nixon was still president and is consequently long gone. This was followed by a BC3, which I gave to a young person interested in vintage electronics a few years back. There was a pic in another thread of my next one, a BC560xlt, the other day, and my newest is a WS-1098, which everybody also knows what it looks like, so no need for me to clutter up the thread with more pictures.

Things sure have changed.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Wifi vs' Handheld

The tablet lets me enjoy the scanner and antenna setup anywhere in range of my WiFi around my house. A bit different than having a handheld scanner with a duckie antenna. Lugging a tablet not a problem. :) I also like the display and easy use, you have a hit on a certain dept or channel just touch it it holds there. No small buttons hard to see, nice multicolor display!!

My newest is a Yaesu VX-6R, and my oldest? Probably the Regency scanners I have..or if its Motorola gear then the several MT series radios I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.