Showing The Actual Frequency On The Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcisive

Is there some way to set up the 536 or 436 so that in the display it will show the actual frequency being stopped on in a scan/search of say a Favorites list? Someone on another site said there is, but I see no way to accomplish that. Whether using the 3 Line or not 3 Line display mode it does NOT show the actual frequency being heard. It would be to me a preferable method. Thanks in advance for letting me know how IF it is possible.

JohnOldridge

Showing Actual Freq in Display on 436/536HP Scanners

Hello. Yes. I have my two scanners set up that way too. But I use Sentinel to input the Frequency in the display. I just delete the title name "Dispatch" and type in the frequency of that particular channel. So yes. You can.
John

movinon

Premium Subscriber
Crazy isn't it?
That's the other thing I like about the old ways.
Now you need talk group and color code.
I have made a lot of progress customizing the favorite lists but I would like to see frequency also sometimes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

K1IWN

Agreed on all points. You can edit what your screen displays in Sentinel / ARC536 by editing the line. I did that on a freq I found to track it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dcisive

Because in our area the "Site" IS the tower that is revealed quite nicely. I just like to KNOW what the actual frequency is that I'm listening to. Oh well.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
What are you people talking about?

On a conventional channel, the frequency (and CTCSS/DCS parameter if applicable) is displayed in fine print under the Channel label.

On a trunked system, the site name is displayed in fine print under the Department label, and the talkgroup ID or unit ID (depending on your settings) are displayed in fine print under the Channel label. The frequency is not shown because the frequency will not be the same from transmission to transmission.

dcisive

Well there you have it. In about 90+% of my cases I get only the TGID number and on occasion also the Unit number. But NO frequency. Like you said perhaps since it's ever changing it isn't going to be represented. Oh well.........just a thought

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I've been through the manuals and have tinkered with the scanners a fair amount and cannot figure out how to display the frequency of the active voice channel on a trunked system. I can see that if I'm using a virtual control program such as ARC Pro.

So milf if you can elaborate a little more, please.

ChrisABQ

In the EDACS Provoice system that I monitor, the voice frequency rotates through the entire list that's entered into the system. The TGID info is far more important than the actual frequency.

The only way that I know that I CAN SEE the actual voice frequency is by using the SDR and it shows the frequency used and it changes each time the mic is keyed by a different user.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Frequency is not shown on trunked system channels, because it is constantly changing. And no, you can't change settings in Sentinel to display it.

movinon

Premium Subscriber
Is there a way to port out the display to a bigger one say a 5 or 7 inch display? Someone said the frequency is displayed on conventional channels but I can't see it.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Both of my Br330t's display both voice and control channels. The voice freq is displayed when there is voice and the control channel is displayed when there is no voice. Does this on motorola and edacs trunked systems. And that's on an old scanner. I believe it even displays the voice freqs on my Pro 93 and 95 scanners and those are really old. (And still work well on some trunked systems)

The voice freqs as well as the control channel should be able to be displayed just fine on the BCDx36Hp series scanners. It may be that Uniden chose not to have the radio display this info for whatever reason. I could be wrong, but I believe the info should, and I say should be in the scanner right now.. Otherwise, how is Proscan, when hooked up to my 436 (virtual display) able to display both control and voice channels on trunked systems?

Last edited:

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Look at display modes.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

movinon

Premium Subscriber
Ok I will check Pro Scan. Thanks

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Otherwise, how is Proscan, when hooked up to my 436 (virtual display) able to display both control and voice channels on trunked systems?

If you go to the Test & Extra tab in ProScan, you can see the scanner data and what's going on. If the data is too fast then go into the options and turn on the option "Scanner Data To 'Scanner Data.txt' File. Look at the file for hints. You may also want to look at the protocol document. That's all I can offer as I'm working on the next release now.

At the bottom of this web page is a link called BCDx36HP_RemoteCommand_Specification_V1_03.pdf
http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BCD536HPFirmwareUpdate

Last edited:

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Is there a way to port out the display to a bigger one say a 5 or 7 inch display? Someone said the frequency is displayed on conventional channels but I can't see it.

It's the fine print under the conventional channel label. It only shows when the scanner is playing a transmission, or you have a Hold on a channel.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
If you go to the Test & Extra tab in ProScan, you can see the scanner data and what's going on. If the data is too fast then go into the options and turn on the option "Scanner Data To 'Scanner Data.txt' File. Look at the file for hints. You may also want to look at the protocol document. That's all I can offer as I'm working on the next release now.

At the bottom of this web page is a link called BCDx36HP_RemoteCommand_Specification_V1_03.pdf
BCD536HPFirmwareUpdate < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

Thank you Bob, my suspicions were correct. The control channel and voice channel freqs are in the radios data stream, making the radio capable of displaying this info. I wonder why Uniden chose not to display this. Maybe not enough room on the display?

Status
Not open for further replies.