• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

shreveport la. police

great! i have caddo parish tower in my pro-106 . i listen to la. state police. LWIN is phase 1 , so i am set up listen. thanks!

I live 30 miles n of Shreveport and I hope the reception is better.
I'm trying to figure out if they will still have the same frequencies and TG IDs

riccom

Premium Subscriber
Jerry, they may simulcast on alot of towers, nopd does here in Slidell, and I get all of Nola traffic here

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

milf

Careful, I CAN hear you!
Database Admin
700-800 systems are good for 15 miles.
Nope, they can be good for a LOT further. It all depends on how the system is designed. There are 700/800 systems that are very much readable at 30 miles plus. Depending on antenna placement, output power, terrain, weather etc.... In fact in most Statewide systems, most sites are implemented to cover 20 to 25 miles where feasible.

i travel many states for a living . i use pro 106 radios. i have not heard any 700 or 800 p25 towers over 15 miles. i have base radios at home , same range.

milf

Careful, I CAN hear you!
Database Admin
i travel many states for a living . i use pro 106 radios. i have not heard any 700 or 800 p25 towers over 15 miles. i have base radios at home , same range.
How many actual radios have you used on 700/800? Not scanner, actual radio? When Range and Quality Testing was being done on the MSWIN, they had good reads at 24, to 27 miles on some sites. On SAFE-T there are also some sites that we have good reads at that range. Then there are some sites that due to terrain, range is barely 12 to 14 miles.

How many actual radios have you used on 700/800? Not scanner, actual radio? When Range and Quality Testing was being done on the MSWIN, they had good reads at 24, to 27 miles on some sites. On SAFE-T there are also some sites that we have good reads at that range. Then there are some sites that due to terrain, range is barely 12 to 14 miles.
i have no radios just scanners, that could be the difference.