shreveport la. police

Status
Not open for further replies.

riccom

Upstate S.C.
Premium Subscriber
The good thing is shreveport is a fairly transparent, so you will have a good listening !

cajunjerry

I live 30 miles n of Shreveport and I hope the reception is better.
I'm trying to figure out if they will still have the same frequencies and TG IDs

riccom

Upstate S.C.
Premium Subscriber
Jerry, they may simulcast on alot of towers, nopd does here in Slidell, and I get all of Nola traffic here

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

cajunjerry

Jerry, they may simulcast on alot of towers, nopd does here in Slidell, and I get all of Nola traffic here

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk
Ok ricco, I hope that I will still be able to hear them. I have heard that when they go p25 the feed goes to

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
700-800 systems are good for 15 miles.
Nope, they can be good for a LOT further. It all depends on how the system is designed. There are 700/800 systems that are very much readable at 30 miles plus. Depending on antenna placement, output power, terrain, weather etc.... In fact in most Statewide systems, most sites are implemented to cover 20 to 25 miles where feasible.

zenomorf

i travel many states for a living . i use pro 106 radios. i have not heard any 700 or 800 p25 towers over 15 miles. i have base radios at home , same range.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
i travel many states for a living . i use pro 106 radios. i have not heard any 700 or 800 p25 towers over 15 miles. i have base radios at home , same range.
How many actual radios have you used on 700/800? Not scanner, actual radio? When Range and Quality Testing was being done on the MSWIN, they had good reads at 24, to 27 miles on some sites. On SAFE-T there are also some sites that we have good reads at that range. Then there are some sites that due to terrain, range is barely 12 to 14 miles.

zenomorf

How many actual radios have you used on 700/800? Not scanner, actual radio? When Range and Quality Testing was being done on the MSWIN, they had good reads at 24, to 27 miles on some sites. On SAFE-T there are also some sites that we have good reads at that range. Then there are some sites that due to terrain, range is barely 12 to 14 miles.
i have no radios just scanners, that could be the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.