Shreveport Louisiana Police Department

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonkie25

My local police department and sheriffs department went digital and I can no longer receive their signals on my Uniden Home Patrol II
How do I program it to receive those channels? Any help will be appreciated.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
My local police department and sheriffs department went digital and I can no longer receive their signals on my Uniden Home Patrol II
Looking at the comments in this thread, from the Louisiana forum, Caddo Parish & Shreveport are moving to their new system:

Reading through the thread I linked above, there are a number of new talkgroups being found daily. But so far, none have been entered in the database. Hopefully, these are being submitted, but until at least some of the talkgroups are listed in the database, the new system will not be in the database used by your HP-2, and the other Uniden database scanners (x36HP & SDS series scanners).

You have basically two choices: Wait until more information is added to the new new system in the RadioReference database, and it appears in the HP-2s database. Then, you would be able to either append it to your favorites list (if you are using favorites), or it will become monitorable when using location & range.
Your second option would be, for now, to create the new system in a Favorites list, add the talkgroups that are being identified in the forum thread, and run the system in ID Search mode to find new TGIDs as they become active. Looking at the new talkgroups mentioned in the thread, the new TGIDs appear to be based on the old talkgroups, divided by 16. For example, one TGID mentioned in the thread, for Shreveport Fire Station 12 is 593. Multiply 593 by 16 and you get 9488, which is Station12's TGID on the old Type II system.

You might also request that your thread be moved down to the Louisiana forum. Someone in your area might have already created a Faorites list containing the new system. They could export it to an *.hpe file, which you could then import into your HP-2 to get started.

I would also note that the new P25 system is simulcast, which could affect whether or not you'll be able to clearly monitor the new system on your HP-2. More on simulcast systems can be found in the Wiki:
Simulcast digital distortion - The RadioReference Wiki

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I'm now seeing talkgroups that are being discussed in the thread on the new system are being added to the database.

Talkgroups that get added by Sunday morning should shop up in next weeks database update. Uniden pulls database data on Sunday's, and the updated database should be ready for download by noon this coming Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.