Shuttle Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Utah_Viper

To answer everyone, yes it is just a broadcast of the audio from NASA tv. From the searching I have donr I have not found any feeds of the actual radio traffic from KSC. Yes that would be prefered, but you take what you can find. Also I amd not the one that is streaming it. just was posting that it was available.

LouisvilleScanMan

Premium Subscriber
Yeah the weather does look worse today and if there is not a site with a live feed of the radio transmissions there should be (Hint, Hint)

D

DaveNF2G

Is anyone else here the least bit surprised that they can't do a launch during the afternoon in summertime in Florida?

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
They have no choice - either shut down til fall (not good for the big plan) or try to sneak it in. Tuesday looking pretty good right now...

Utah_Viper

The timing isent just a thing they pick outta a hat. They have specific times that alow the launch to put them in line following the ISS so they can complete the mission.

oceans777

Listener
I used to pick them from my place on the coast in NC with a RS discone during several minutes after launch. Picked up a few EVA comms years ago and could hear some taxi company skipping from Mexico on the same freqs - even heard the crew complaining about it on UHF.

That was maybe six or seven years ago and the HF nets were very active then - 10780 was heavy traffic for days before launch.

It's incredible how much HF use has decreased now - seems like just a fraction of what it was even a few years back.

N1TUI

Premium Subscriber
Just caught Freedom Star calling Liberty Star at 10:50 AM EDT. No joy. Then Freedom Star called Cape Radio for a radio check. I didn't heard the reply. I'm located in Connecticut.

Frank

Last edited:

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Frank - not sure where you're located but in the US we switch over to Daylight Saving Time in teh summer... Florida operates on Daylight Saving Time, so that would be 10:50am EDT. I don't think there are any states left that don't switch over in the Eastern timezone.

OutPost

I've got 259.70, 296.80 and 279.00 programmed in two radios, one with a scantenna and the other a regular Radio Shack groundplane. I'm in West Tennessee, and hopefully as STS-121 passes through 100,000 feet, maybe we'll hear something!

Dave Bertrand

CLB

I've got the Pro-2052 running with the recorder. If someone can host the file after it's up, I'd be more than happy to share.

BTW, I'm in Charleston....I OUGHT to be able to hear it haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.