Shuttle Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Doubt it was high enough when in your range Warren. This crude illustration between the two 650 mile markers are about where I heard two short coms 6 min and 50 sec after liftoff. As I recall, they were climbing at about 7000 mph. I'm at the apex of the 650 mile triangle.

Last edited:

Scampi

I heard some of the comm's, espeially "negative return" while at a party...that was fun :)

I'm located in Lake City, FL, and I used a Pro-97 with the telescope-antenna.

KC8MZM

Premium Subscriber
wwhitby said:
What's the furthest west that someone has heard shuttle comms?

I tried listing from my home north of Montgomery, Alabama, but didn't hear anything. Probably too far west....

Warren, try moving 80 miles to your east. I was able to hear several comms from just north of Columbus, Georgia area using an attic mounted Scantenna and RS in-line amp.

Mike

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Last time they had an issue with satellite comms so needed to stay on UHF a little longer, that was not required before.

Space Shuttle Atlantis launch on 259.7 Mhz AM primary downlink freq..heard four mins of strong audio standing in my backyard holding an Icom R-10 with a rubber duck....from T+4 to T+8 mins...."Press to MECO" the strongest as it went above/offshore coastal NC here.....priceless !

Barefootdipole
Carteret County NC

Status
Not open for further replies.