BC785D: SICK SCANNER

Status
Not open for further replies.

brey1234

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I have several scanners including a Uniden which is sick.--it's a thousand channel----bc 785---Most channels are programmed, via software, to have a 2 to 4 second delay---BUT when a transmission is heard it always starts scanning before the transmission is complete---Any ideas? Checked the programming and it shows the channel and the delay function is enabled.

If I ship it back should it be to Uniden or someone who specializes in scanner repairs?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I have several scanners including a Uniden which is sick.--it's a thousand channel----bc 785---Most channels are programmed, via software, to have a 2 to 4 second delay---BUT when a transmission is heard it always starts scanning before the transmission is complete---Any ideas? Checked the programming and it shows the channel and the delay function is enabled.

If I ship it back should it be to Uniden or someone who specializes in scanner repairs?

Check page 32 of the owner's manual, sounds like you have set a "negative" delay, which would cause exactly what you are reporting.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
That's exactly the sort of behavior it would exhibit if a negative delay was set. Does this scanner support that?

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.